Trial mode Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial mode Q's

Does this plug-in track DHCP changes? If so it appears to be broken or I missed something in the setup? One of my PC's rolled IP's and now shows up as discovered.

Is there a way of entering devices manually, like the old HS1 version did? The INI looks proprietary. I have some undiscovered devices wich are pingable and On DHCP, 2-XBOX 360's, 1 -PS3 and some video equipment which do not show up after 12hrs of running.

Can I edit the XML file to add device types or will that brake something?

Thanks,
    -Skybolt

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
    Does this plug-in track DHCP changes? If so it appears to be broken or I missed something in the setup? One of my PC's rolled IP's and now shows up as discovered.
    No, the plug-in doesn't track DHCP changes. I'll have to think about this one to see if this can be done.

Is there a way of entering devices manually, like the old HS1 version did? The INI looks proprietary. I have some undiscovered devices wich are pingable and On DHCP, 2-XBOX 360's, 1 -PS3 and some video equipment which do not show up after 12hrs of running.
    Yes, you can add devices manually from the UltraMon > Devices > Add Device web page.
    Can I edit the XML file to add device types or will that brake something?
    Yes, you can manually edit the xml file, but the images may not display correctly. Provide me a list and I'll try to get them added along with the associated images.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      No, the plug-in doesn't track DHCP changes. I'll have to think about this one to see if this can be done.

Yes, you can add devices manually from the UltraMon > Devices > Add Device web page.

Yes, you can manually edit the xml file, but the images may not display correctly. Provide me a list and I'll try to get them added along with the associated images.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      awe crap - I was working with umpc and the Add Device was below the bottom of the page. I hate it when I do that.

Tracking the DHCP devices should be easy, you already have a discovered device list, you could just compare those MAC's with the current device list. Not trying to tell you how to program, but I did a similar thing in a project a while back and it seemed to work nicely.

One of the devices I want/need to track is an XBOX 360, but after doing a bit of reading it looks like it won't responde to SNMP and UPnP spec. Damm MicorSoft.

Thanks,
      -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
      X