Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Question

A quick question.

I updated UltraMon this morning, all went well from what I could see. While HomeSeer was restarting a message flashed by on the log that the unit code for my router was changed and given a new code? It went from 3 to 17.

It seemed odd and before I go and make changes in webpages, HST screens and scripts, I wanted to make sure it should have done that and that's where it's going to stay?

It inserted a device called UPnP Discovery with enable/disable buttons. The status string still says Router Online though.

I'm slightly confused but nothing out of the ordinary.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

That sounds like a bug. Can you send your UltraMon config file to ultrajones@hotmail.com?

To fix, you can delete both of those devices. On re-start the UPnP Discovery will automatically be created. You can then use the Discovered web page to recreate the Router device.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      That sounds like a bug. Can you send your UltraMon config file to ultrajones@hotmail.com?

To fix, you can delete both of those devices. On re-start the UPnP Discovery will automatically be created. You can then use the Discovered web page to recreate the Router device.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      File sent, thanks for looking. I think I have it all straightened out I just wanted to be sure it won't do it again at another update.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Since I upgraded to the newest version on the updater yesterday, I get this in my log at startup. I'm not really sure what it's trying to tell me. Can anyone shed a little light on it?
        Attached Files
        Marty
        ------

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
          Since I upgraded to the newest version on the updater yesterday, I get this in my log at startup. I'm not really sure what it's trying to tell me. Can anyone shed a little light on it?
          The UPnP Discovery feature has only been tested with Windows Vista and Windows 7. It currently does not work with Windows XP. Disable UPnP via the "UPnP Discovery" HomeSeer device and you won't see that error at start-up. UPnP discover works in Windows XP only if you disable UPnP in HomeSeer, but HomeSeer then complains that UPnP is disabled (not sure if HomeSeer fixed this in later beta releases).

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ah, Gotcha, that'll work. Thanks for the tip.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

I noticed something about my startup logs...

HS Plug-Ins initialize and startup before the UPnP discovery option in HS is enabled.

I wonder if we could disable the UltraMon plug-in and include it once the logs show UPnP Discovery is enabled....

Or, maybe the plug-in could do it (as a configuration option perhaps).
              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
              X