Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuously Loosing and Finding Devices on LAN

Hi,
    I stopped using UltraMon quite a while ago - maybe a year(?) - because of unrelated issues. I now have the need to try and detect when one of our iPhones becomes available on network, so I decided to give it a try again. After all, I've already bough it, so might as well. I enabled it, gave some time to find all UPnP players, cameras, etc., and added just ONE of them as a HomeSeer device. Today, a day later, I looked in my log and saw the following:

This is screen cap of only 34 minutes of log!!! Why in the world do I have so-o-o-o many errors -- and that is for the only UltraMon-created HS device?

For what its worth I do get the same thing. I just figured it was just the way detection/signalling works.

I think there are different intervals to detect LAN devices but don't know if that would change anything.

Comment

That's terrible! Why would anyone need this? Additionally, as i have just realized, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to specify detection periods / time-outs on a per-device basis. For example, I am pretty sure that my NVR and four network media players aren't moving anywhere frequently, so making sure they are still online once every hour or so should be sufficient. On the other hand, I'd like to improve precision of my RFID detection of when I am approaching garage in my car by adding pinging for my iPhone. Once it's detected as joining the network for 10 sec or so, along with my car's RFID tag joining the network, open garage door. So, that pinging by UltraMon is something I'd like to trigger manually, only when RFID tag has been gone and now is detected again. Just as a confirmation of my presence. Pinging for iPhone is something I want activated (started) only via event and done non-stop after detecting RFID tag, following by a stop. There doesn't seem to be a way to modify the frequency of pinging by device either...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
        Hi,
        I stopped using UltraMon quite a while ago - maybe a year(?) - because of unrelated issues. I now have the need to try and detect when one of our iPhones becomes available on network, so I decided to give it a try again. After all, I've already bough it, so might as well. I enabled it, gave some time to find all UPnP players, cameras, etc., and added just ONE of them as a HomeSeer device. Today, a day later, I looked in my log and saw the following:

This is screen cap of only 34 minutes of log!!! Why in the world do I have so-o-o-o many errors -- and that is for the only UltraMon-created HS device?
        You created a UPnP device to monitor. UltraMon HSPI is NOT pinging this device. It is reporting the UPnP activity sent from your Smartvue Video Server (based on all the UPnP alive and byebye messages, it does not seem very smart)

Based on your statement, you need to delete the UPnP device you created (the Smartvue Video Server Device), then select UltraMon > Discovered and create the device you want to monitor from that web page. If you don't want to see the online/offline messages, simply modifying the HomeSeer device and selecting "Do not log commands from this device".

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Last edited by Ultrajones; July 19, 2012, 09:52 PM.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          You created a UPnP device to monitor. UltraMon HSPI is NOT pinging this device. It is reporting the UPnP activity sent from your Smartvue Video Server (based on all the UPnP alive and byebye messages, it does not seem very smart)

Based on your statement, you need to delete the UPnP device you created (the Smartvue Video Server Device), then select UltraMon > Discovered and create the device you want to monitor from that web page. If you don't want to see the online/offline messages, simply modifying the HomeSeer device and selecting "Do not log commands from this device".

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Thanks, Ultra. I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
          X