Tracking MAC address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking MAC address

Is there anyway this plugin can track MAC addresses oppossed to IP's?

I would really like to havr events based on certian device come back on line.
    For ex. when my cell is rediscoverd, I could trigger events based on me comming home. It's a little hard to static a cell phone
    -Skybolt

I did this by going into my router and reserving an IP for each device we use. That way each device we use has it's own static IP.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I guess I could do that, It would be easier if the PI tracked MAC's though.
      CISCO SBR they do thing diferantly, not just a check box to reserve IP, the MAC needs to be bound to the IP, not sure if that include DHCP aswell . Never used it as yet. I guess I will give it a try.

EDIT: That worked, I only wish the recovery was quicker ...
      Last edited by skybolt; April 14, 2013, 07:36 PM.
      -Skybolt

Comment

I second this request. I only assign static IP's to servers. All other devices have dynamic IP's, and I think that is the best way to handle things so that you don't need to reserve a larger amount of Addresses.

It would be help to at least have as an options

Comment

This is supported today. Simply modify the device and check the MACAddr checkbox. This will allow the plug-in to monitor a device by MAC instead of the IP address.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
          X