X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    All I have is 10.10.1.0 /24 and 10.10.2.0 /24. I will upload the latest and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks for now.
    Mark

Update.... Still no love. I am getting an error as shown below for both subnets 10.10.1.0/24 and 10.10.2.0/24. Deleted the DB files form the config and same each time. Any sugestions?

BTW it works fine with single subnet.
    Hi UltraJones, do you have any suggestions ?

Regards
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
    Rut-ro.... I thought this was all fixed, but I have this zombie node, which is my wife's android tablet.

With no MAC address, I can't make it disappear and I can't edit it.....
    The only way I was able to clear it was by deleting the DB and XML file. I was hoping for a better way though

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    Rut-ro.... I thought this was all fixed, but I have this zombie node, which is my wife's android tablet.

With no MAC address, I can't make it disappear and I can't edit it.....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    What list of subnets are you entering in the Options web page?
    All I have is 10.10.1.0 /24 and 10.10.2.0 /24. I will upload the latest and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks for now.
    Mark

Update.... Still no love. I am getting an error as shown below for both subnets 10.10.1.0/24 and 10.10.2.0/24. Deleted the DB files form the config and same each time. Any sugestions?

BTW it works fine with single subnet.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marekd1; April 7, 2014, 05:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    The recent changes I made allow the plug-in to monitor a /24 network very quickly. If you are only monitoring one or two subnets, then leaving it as a /24 will be fine. On my network, UltraMon3 is able to monitor a /24 subnet in about 1 minute.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• will40
    replied
    Thanks UJ. I will update the version later today.

I'm not a network guy...just know enough to get around. That's good to know. Both subnets don't have anywhere close to 64 IP addresses so I will set mask accordingly.

Will

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by will40 View Post
    I had it at /24 as well when I first installed the plugin on Friday. It had same results, just hung.

Monitoring both subnets worked well for me on HS2 without a mask so I copied the settings I had and applied to HS3 setup. If I leave 10.17.0.x in HS3 it hangs up. I take 10.17.0.x out all is good.

Thanks
    UltraMon HSPI didn't support subnet masks. This is a new feature in UltraMon3 HSPI. Most home networks don't need to use a /24 subnet (256 IP addresses), so if your router is configured for something like /25 (128 IP address) or /26 (64 IP addresses), it can greatly reduce the time it takes to detect a host on the network.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I am posting UltraMon3 HSPI version 3.0.5210.15476 that fixes this issue.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• will40
    replied
    I had it at /24 as well when I first installed the plugin on Friday. It had same results, just hung.

Monitoring both subnets worked well for me on HS2 without a mask so I copied the settings I had and applied to HS3 setup. If I leave 10.17.0.x in HS3 it hangs up. I take 10.17.0.x out all is good.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Wow, that is a major bug. Adding 10.17.0.0 without a mask essentially kills the plug-in because it tries to monitor 6 *million* IP addresses. I'll get this fixed.

In the mean time, you *must* include the subnet mask like 10.17.0.0/24 (which is 255 IP addresses).

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    Mine is working fine, but then I have 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.33.0....

You have 192.168.1.0 and 10.17.0.0, that may be the difference....

Leave a comment:

• will40
    replied
    Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    Looks good. But this is what happens now. When I enable discovery of the second subent this is what I get after enableing debug loggins in the HS3 startup screen.

4/6/2014 8:27:44 PM ~!~Error~!~System.Data.ConstraintException
    4/6/2014 8:27:44 PM ~!~Error~!~System.Data.ConstraintException: Column 'subnet_id, host_id' is constrained to be unique. Value '68106, 168427777' is already present. at System.Data.UniqueConstraint.CheckConstraint(DataRow row, DataRowAction action) at System.Data.DataTable.RaiseRowChanging(DataRowChangeEventArg s args, DataRow eRow, DataRowAction eAction, Boolean fireEvent) at System.Data.DataTable.SetNewRecordWorker(DataRow row, Int32 proposedRecord, DataRowAction action, Boolean isInMerge, Boolean suppressEnsurePropertyChanged, Int32 position, Boolean fireEvent, Exception& deferredException) at System.Data.DataTable.InsertRow(DataRow row, Int64 proposedID, Int32 pos, Boolean fireEvent) at HSPI_ULTRAMON3.hspi_plugin.ProcessIPSubnetList(String strDatabaseXML)Startup Complete, 2 errors detected, check the log for more information.

also under both subents now I now get this error:

Any sugestions?
    Mark
    I have same problem when I try to add my second NIC subnet 10.17.0.0 Memory resource goes over 1GB then throws same error message after a few minutes.

My 192.168.1.0 subnet is monitored with no issues.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    What list of subnets are you entering in the Options web page?

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    I'll be posting an update today that fixes several bugs and greatly reduces the host discovery time. I also added code to ensure the uniqueness of a MAC addresses within the defined subnets.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Looks good. But this is what happens now. When I enable discovery of the second subent this is what I get after enableing debug loggins in the HS3 startup screen.

4/6/2014 8:27:44 PM ~!~Error~!~System.Data.ConstraintException
    4/6/2014 8:27:44 PM ~!~Error~!~System.Data.ConstraintException: Column 'subnet_id, host_id' is constrained to be unique. Value '68106, 168427777' is already present. at System.Data.UniqueConstraint.CheckConstraint(DataRow row, DataRowAction action) at System.Data.DataTable.RaiseRowChanging(DataRowChangeEventArg s args, DataRow eRow, DataRowAction eAction, Boolean fireEvent) at System.Data.DataTable.SetNewRecordWorker(DataRow row, Int32 proposedRecord, DataRowAction action, Boolean isInMerge, Boolean suppressEnsurePropertyChanged, Int32 position, Boolean fireEvent, Exception& deferredException) at System.Data.DataTable.InsertRow(DataRow row, Int64 proposedID, Int32 pos, Boolean fireEvent) at HSPI_ULTRAMON3.hspi_plugin.ProcessIPSubnetList(String strDatabaseXML)Startup Complete, 2 errors detected, check the log for more information.

also under both subents now I now get this error:

Any sugestions?
    Mark
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    Up and running..... I believe we have a winner!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X