This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drule View Post
    +2 for linux support. I'm trying to migrate my HS3 setup from an ancient Win7 VM to a Raspberry Pi3 running Raspbian. I've moved everything over except for UltraMon.
    I have tried many times to get this working under Linux. I am about 80% complete, but kept hitting a roadblock with MONO. I am currently reworking how I am storing the data which will make the plug-in Linux compatible. I hope to have this done within the next month.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Wow thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        I have tried many times to get this working under Linux. I am about 80% complete, but kept hitting a roadblock with MONO. I am currently reworking how I am storing the data which will make the plug-in Linux compatible. I hope to have this done within the next month.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Awesome. Thanks!

Comment

I have VLAN'd my network for efficiency and security.

I'd like to have UltraMON monitor my wireless AP which is on a different VLAN subnet so no auto discovery, however the L3 switch will let pings/SNMP/ICMP cross over.

How can I manually enter a static IP and/or MAC address to keep track of? There are several other resources on the network that this would be FANTASTIC for.
          Last edited by fksk; November 11, 2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fksk View Post
            I have VLAN'd my network for efficiency and security.

I'd like to have UltraMON monitor my wireless AP which is on a different VLAN subnet so no auto discovery, however the L3 switch will let pings/SNMP/ICMP cross over.

How can I manually enter a static IP and/or MAC address to keep track of? There are several other resources on the network that this would be FANTASTIC for.
            Me too. Cannot make it work tho. The only way this plugin works is if you allow it access to all subnets from the HS machine. If your machine has another NIC or you install another(Plugged into the other network), it works great. However - that to me defeats the purpose of keeping things separate.

Comment

linux

just checking in on the linux progress. I can help test if required.

thanks

Comment

Did you try selecting 0 Minutes from PLUG-INS > UltraMon3 > UltraMon3 > Pint Options > Delay Between Checks?
                Hi UltraJones, great work on the plugin. testing at the moment before buying.

when you select "0" minutes between checks, is UltraMon3 sending a ping every 1s ? what is the recurring period?

reason is I would really like to ping my phone every 5s so that HS3 can detect if I am close or in the home(phone connects to home wifi) and then trigger some events.

Comment

Originally posted by shai View Post
                  Hi UltraJones, great work on the plugin. testing at the moment before buying.

when you select "0" minutes between checks, is UltraMon3 sending a ping every 1s ? what is the recurring period?

reason is I would really like to ping my phone every 5s so that HS3 can detect if I am close or in the home(phone connects to home wifi) and then trigger some events.
                  Hello,

No, there are other means the plug-in uses to determine when an phone joins the network. The plug-in doesn't need to continue sending pings. Selecting "0" minutes between checks means there are no delays between the manual sweeps of the network to find devices that don't advertise their existence on the network.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hello,

No, there are other means the plug-in uses to determine when an phone joins the network. The plug-in doesn't need to continue sending pings. Selecting "0" minutes between checks means there are no delays between the manual sweeps of the network to find devices that don't advertise their existence on the network.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Thanks UltraJones, what means/methods could I use to detect when my phone connects or disconnects from the wifi network? Just want to use this as a way to say whether I am home or not.

Like the logic would be
                    1) IF my phone has not been on WIFI for more than 1 hrs then I am not home

2) If my phone connects to wifi with (1) been true then I am home..

if you could send me in the right direction, that would be great

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
                      +2 for linux support. I'm trying to migrate my HS3 setup from an ancient Win7 VM to a Raspberry Pi3 running Raspbian. I've moved everything over except for UltraMon.
                      Add my voice to this as well. Would buy UltraMon immediately if it were available for the SEL.

Comment

Is there a way to remove a device from being monitored? When I click "ip subnets" and find the device.. I edit it and uncheck monitored and I get an error saying it has to be monitored. I have a couple of monitored devices that I would like to remove

Comment

Second question.. Is development work still being done on this plugin? I noticed the last rev is over 6 months old according to the change log in the first post

Comment

Originally posted by Smartdave View Post
                            Second question.. Is development work still being done on this plugin? I noticed the last rev is over 6 months old according to the change log in the first post
                            He is still supporting it if that's what you are asking. It's working fine with HS3 here. If there's any bugs post them and I know he'll answer pretty quick.

Comment

I am curious how to remove devices from being monitored? If you untick the box there is am error message that says it needs to be checked

Comment

Originally posted by Smartdave View Post
                                I am curious how to remove devices from being monitored? If you untick the box there is am error message that says it needs to be checked
                                Just delete the HomeSeer device. All the data is stored in the device.
                                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X