Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headers "missing", no ability to create device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well all of that is working fine but there is another problem.

The secondary subnet is does not show MAC Address and if I edit the device and set Host Type it shows fine in the IP Subnet Tab but if I go to Devices it is not showing the device that was set for monitoring. when I go back to the IP Subnets Tab device shows as Unknown and not Enabled.

Again this only affects second subnet defined on the list. All devices for the first are fine

Please see below.

First graphic adding new device on 10.10.1.0
    Second graphic checking to see if shows on the list
    Third graphic back to the adding new device all previous settings are gone

Some more info. I checked to see if I get MAC when I ping the device from another subnet. Looks like Arp -a is not returning the MAC address as it is on the other side of the router (this should be normal). So would it be possible to monitor by selecting the IP address and DNS name or IP and MAC? The only other option would be to have a NIC for each subnet but this presents bunch of other issues especially with mcsXAP.

I am hoping you can address this.

Thanks
    Mark
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marekd1; December 8, 2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rileydogmi View Post
      Ugh - updated js files, restarted HS and cleared cache - tried on two different machines and same thing...
      I just installed 3.0.0.147 and it essentially killed all my JavaScript code. I will send a e-mail to Rich asking him what's changed since build 143.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        I just installed 3.0.0.147 and it essentially killed all my JavaScript code. I will send a e-mail to Rich asking him what's changed since build 143.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        I think this may be more specific to the MAC not being passed by the router. Each router subnet interface manages its own router table and interface MAC list and they are not transferred cross router interfaces.

I am not sure if having the ability to choose how device is identified is a possibility, but I was thinking that if another option is available to choose on Host Name (DNS) and IP or as presently IP address and MAC.

At some point back I did have multiple NICs, each connecting to individual subnets but all of my mcsXAP stuff went south. To solve this I am running the HS2 version of UltraMon which does not seem to have this issue.

The HS2 version of UltraMon works nicely with multiple subnets with HS with a single NIC. It would be nice to have this capability on the HS3 version.

I did notice though that you are moving to that direction. Much more functionality is now available from when I first got the HS3 version.

Not sure how much is involved in making this work or perhaps you have better idea on how to approach this.

I am hoping this functionality will make the list of improvements in your future releases. For now I have another solution in place.

Another note: I do not think its the HS3 update that is the issue with your HS3. I am still at HS3 Version HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96. Mine just stopped working as well after the update of the UltraMon. This is not good I am hoping that if I uninstall it I will get my HS3 to work again

FYI ---- WOW this is not good. Everything stopped working. Uninstalling did nothing. Looks like I know what I am going to be doing tonight! Rebuild time

Looks like events are running only the GUI stopped to work. Hew!! When you fix yours please share what you did. Don't really want to rebuild the whole box.

Thanks
        Mark
        Last edited by marekd1; December 8, 2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

HS .149 seems to have fixed the issues... I think all is well now. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
            I think this may be more specific to the MAC not being passed by the router. Each router subnet interface manages its own router table and interface MAC list and they are not transferred cross router interfaces.

I am not sure if having the ability to choose how device is identified is a possibility, but I was thinking that if another option is available to choose on Host Name (DNS) and IP or as presently IP address and MAC.

At some point back I did have multiple NICs, each connecting to individual subnets but all of my mcsXAP stuff went south. To solve this I am running the HS2 version of UltraMon which does not seem to have this issue.

The HS2 version of UltraMon works nicely with multiple subnets with HS with a single NIC. It would be nice to have this capability on the HS3 version.

I did notice though that you are moving to that direction. Much more functionality is now available from when I first got the HS3 version.

Not sure how much is involved in making this work or perhaps you have better idea on how to approach this.

I am hoping this functionality will make the list of improvements in your future releases. For now I have another solution in place.

Another note: I do not think its the HS3 update that is the issue with your HS3. I am still at HS3 Version HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96. Mine just stopped working as well after the update of the UltraMon. This is not good I am hoping that if I uninstall it I will get my HS3 to work again

FYI ---- WOW this is not good. Everything stopped working. Uninstalling did nothing. Looks like I know what I am going to be doing tonight! Rebuild time

Looks like events are running only the GUI stopped to work. Hew!! When you fix yours please share what you did. Don't really want to rebuild the whole box.

Thanks
            Mark
            Are you still experiencing an issue with UltraMon3 HSPI?
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              Are you still experiencing an issue with UltraMon3 HSPI?

The plugin works now only if the device has a MAC address. I am unable to define device type and save it unless MAC address is shown. This is exclusive to configuration with multiple subnets with connection going over the router. If I add a NIC for that subnet all works fine however this is not an option for me as it creates issues with xAP type of devices . Otherwise all looks fine.

If possible I would ask for ability to select devices without MAC address like in the HS2 version. That would be a nice option for my application. For now I need to run two instances, one on my HS2 scanning other subnets and HS3 scanning its own native subnet.

One more thing I just noticed. Even though the device is not being able to be monitored without the MAC address it is created in the HS3 as many times as you edit the device and save it in the UltraMon3 plugin

Thanks for the follow-up.

Mark
              Last edited by marekd1; December 18, 2014, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X