UltaMon will not save devices on other subnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltaMon will not save devices on other subnet

Works fine for subject used by HomeSeer (192.168.168.0/24). I added 192.168.0.0/24. I can see the devices on the IP Subnets page and see which devices have responded to ping. I select the device, save it. However it is never saved.

Any suggestions?

I'm seeing the same thing. No problems with devices on the same subnet as Homeseer but cannot save edits to devices on other subnets. Also forced to enter MAC addresses, which presumably the plugin can't verify when device is on other subnet. Could this be related?

-David

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
      I'm seeing the same thing. No problems with devices on the same subnet as Homeseer but cannot save edits to devices on other subnets. Also forced to enter MAC addresses, which presumably the plugin can't verify when device is on other subnet. Could this be related?

-David
      Yes, the plug-in requires ARP to work in order to discover the MAC addresses of the monitored devices.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Where's the Internet?

Given the above responses, yet having read how others have accomplished using UltraMon to monitor Internet connectivity.... has something changed?

Or, is it still possible to use UltraMon to determine whether the cable/DSL modem is still connected to the Internet?

Failing all of that, what is the best way to accomplish the goal?
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins:
        2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

Comment

I ping Google every 5 minutes from a script.

pingresult = hs.ping(addr)
          If pingresult = 0 Then ' UP

I've been doing this for years, on very rare occasions I get a non-response, so I tend to ignore it if it's only a single reply that fails. Honestly I'm not sure if it's my Internet or on the Google side, it just doesn't happen enough to worry about. When I get multiple replies that fail, well then I'm down for sure.
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X