• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    UJ, I need a little help please.

I've created a device for my iPhone and set the defaults to ping every 1 minute, attempt 2 times, mark failed after 2 times and timeout after 2 seconds.

Once the device is online, switch off WiFi on my iPhone, it take more than 2 minutes for the device status to change, and it never seems to go take 15m to go offline? The time now is 13:15 but as you can see below, it shows troubled for 7m and that was set at 01:04:07

Troubled [00d,00h,07m] Gaz-iPhone6 Today 01:04:07 PM

It seems the "Last changed" time is not being updated when the device status/value is changed. Also, my events for "Device changes and becomes" = "Offline" or "Troubled" do not fire, only the "Online" event fires.

Thoughts?

Gaz
    If I recall correctly, the device status date/time only changes when it actually changes from online, unknown, troubled and offline. There are multiple states of "Troubled" and you can create an event to trigger on any one of them. Unfortunately, when you select "changes and becomes in the range for "Troubled", HomeSeer displays "Troubled" 5 times which isn't very helpful to determine which stage (-1 though -5).

I am going to have to do some testing to see if I can duplicate what you're seeing. I'll get back to you.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    started a topic Device update issues

Device update issues

UJ, I need a little help please.

I've created a device for my iPhone and set the defaults to ping every 1 minute, attempt 2 times, mark failed after 2 times and timeout after 2 seconds.

Once the device is online, switch off WiFi on my iPhone, it take more than 2 minutes for the device status to change, and it never seems to go take 15m to go offline? The time now is 13:15 but as you can see below, it shows troubled for 7m and that was set at 01:04:07

Troubled [00d,00h,07m] Gaz-iPhone6 Today 01:04:07 PM

It seems the "Last changed" time is not being updated when the device status/value is changed. Also, my events for "Device changes and becomes" = "Offline" or "Troubled" do not fire, only the "Online" event fires.

Thoughts?

Gaz
Working...
X