No announcement yet.

No Updates On Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be posting an update shortly that should greatly reduce the duration of the monitoring runs. I also added 3 new devices so you can check the performance of each run (see screenshot).

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
      I'm running 3.0.5920.33913 on a HomeTroller S6 running Windows 7 and my devices are either not getting updated or never change out of a troubled state when they are shut off. Settings:

Ping options:
      Delay between checks: 01
      Ping Attempts: 05
      Mark Device Offline After: 05
      Ping Time-out: 1

Monitored subnets:
      192.168.0.0/24
      192.168.1.0/24
      192.168.2.0/24
      192.168.3.0/24

For example, the upstairs PC has its online status updated rarely. It's showing as being on for 19 minutes while it's been on for over an hour. Is there a way to increase the frequency of a poll?

Another example, my Panasonic TV is able to be turned on by WOL. When I shut my TV off, the TV device simply stays in a troubled state and never turns to offline.
      Monitoring 1024 hosts is going to take a lot of time. I recommend you subnet your home network into smaller, more manageable subnets.

EDIT: In order for UltraMon3 HSPI to properly monitoring these 4 subnets, HomeSeer would have to be directly connected to each subnet. UltraMon3 HSPI relies on ARP to discover the MAC address of the IP address and an ARP scope is never wider than the subnet.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Last edited by Ultrajones; April 10, 2016, 03:21 PM.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Monitoring 1024 hosts is going to take a lot of time. I recommend you subnet your home network into smaller, more manageable subnets.

EDIT: In order for UltraMon3 HSPI to properly monitoring these 4 subnets, HomeSeer would have to be directly connected to each subnet. UltraMon3 HSPI relies on ARP to discover the MAC address of the IP address and an ARP scope is never wider than the subnet.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Thanks for the update and I'll reduce the subnet size ASAP

Comment

I am knee deep into adding gateway and Internet packet loss monitoring, so I won't be able to post the update tonight. I hope to have this done by tomorrow.

Regards,
          Ultrajoens

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            I am knee deep into adding gateway and Internet packet loss monitoring, so I won't be able to post the update tonight. I hope to have this done by tomorrow.

Regards,
            Ultrajoens
            FYI

now running on 129.168.1.0/24
            My Panasonic TV still shows as troubled after turning off

Comment

Working...
            X