X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macrho
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    I am knee deep into adding gateway and Internet packet loss monitoring, so I won't be able to post the update tonight. I hope to have this done by tomorrow.

Regards,
    Ultrajoens
    FYI

now running on 129.168.1.0/24
    My Panasonic TV still shows as troubled after turning off

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I am knee deep into adding gateway and Internet packet loss monitoring, so I won't be able to post the update tonight. I hope to have this done by tomorrow.

Regards,
    Ultrajoens

Leave a comment:

• macrho
    replied
    Monitoring 1024 hosts is going to take a lot of time. I recommend you subnet your home network into smaller, more manageable subnets.

EDIT: In order for UltraMon3 HSPI to properly monitoring these 4 subnets, HomeSeer would have to be directly connected to each subnet. UltraMon3 HSPI relies on ARP to discover the MAC address of the IP address and an ARP scope is never wider than the subnet.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Thanks for the update and I'll reduce the subnet size ASAP

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by macrho View Post
    I'm running 3.0.5920.33913 on a HomeTroller S6 running Windows 7 and my devices are either not getting updated or never change out of a troubled state when they are shut off. Settings:

Ping options:
    Delay between checks: 01
    Ping Attempts: 05
    Mark Device Offline After: 05
    Ping Time-out: 1

Monitored subnets:
    192.168.0.0/24
    192.168.1.0/24
    192.168.2.0/24
    192.168.3.0/24

For example, the upstairs PC has its online status updated rarely. It's showing as being on for 19 minutes while it's been on for over an hour. Is there a way to increase the frequency of a poll?

Another example, my Panasonic TV is able to be turned on by WOL. When I shut my TV off, the TV device simply stays in a troubled state and never turns to offline.
    Monitoring 1024 hosts is going to take a lot of time. I recommend you subnet your home network into smaller, more manageable subnets.

EDIT: In order for UltraMon3 HSPI to properly monitoring these 4 subnets, HomeSeer would have to be directly connected to each subnet. UltraMon3 HSPI relies on ARP to discover the MAC address of the IP address and an ARP scope is never wider than the subnet.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; April 10, 2016, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I'll be posting an update shortly that should greatly reduce the duration of the monitoring runs. I also added 3 new devices so you can check the performance of each run (see screenshot).

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I was able to duplicate this on my test HomeTroller S6. I'll need some time to debug this. I should know more tomorrow.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• macrho
    replied
    Deleted the device and re-added it. I see unknown device
    I then restarted HS3 and it shows as online
    Waited two minutes, still online, advanced shown along with 2 other screen shots

I have not seen this type of behavior before. Can you please delete the HomeSeer device, then re-create it. Then make sure it shows online... then turn off your TV, wait about 2 minutes, then provide me a screenshot of the device "Advanced" tab from the device?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Ok, disabled and restarted HS3. Saw my TV as on and then turned it off.
    About 7 minutes have gone by and it's still showing as Online
    I have not seen this type of behavior before. Can you please delete the HomeSeer device, then re-create it. Then make sure it shows online... then turn off your TV, wait about 2 minutes, then provide me a screenshot of the device "Advanced" tab from the device?

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• macrho
    replied
    Ok, disabled and restarted HS3. Saw my TV as on and then turned it off.
    About 7 minutes have gone by and it's still showing as Online
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    They are unplugged. You want disabled as well, will try.
    Right click the ones with a red X and select disabled please.

Leave a comment:

• macrho
    replied
    Okay, disabling the other network interface should fix the issue you reported.
    They are unplugged. You want disabled as well, will try.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Okay, disabling the other network interface should fix the issue you reported.

Leave a comment:

• macrho
    replied
    No reply when I ping it, the state has now gone to Troubled

Pinging 192.168.1.10 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 192.168.1.146: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.10:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I currently have only 6 devices monitored. One device is a Panasonic TV that can be turned on by a WOL packet. I shut the TV off a few minutes ago and the plugin still displays it as online. [it's about 10 minutes now]. But even if the device went into Troubled mode, I wouldn't be able to send the WOL.

The HomeTroller S6 has only one NIC active. I have not run into any network issues (that I know of)
    If you ping the TV's IP address from the command prompt on your HomeSeer system, do you see a reply?

Leave a comment:

• macrho
    replied
    I currently have only 6 devices monitored. One device is a Panasonic TV that can be turned on by a WOL packet. I shut the TV off a few minutes ago and the plugin still displays it as online. [it's about 10 minutes now]. But even if the device went into Troubled mode, I wouldn't be able to send the WOL.

The HomeTroller S6 has only one NIC active. I have not run into any network issues (that I know of)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X