Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UltraMonShutdown - lock and logoff not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraMonShutdown - lock and logoff not working?

I cannot get the lock and logoff device actions to work on a Windows 7 PC associated with the device. The reboot and suspend work fine. Is this is an issue with UltraMonShutdown or a configuration problem?

Thanks

What version of UltraMonShutdown are you running on your Windows 7 system?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      What version of UltraMonShutdown are you running on your Windows 7 system?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      I am using UltraMonHSPIServiceSetup version 1.2.2

Comment

HAve you been able to reproduce this?

Comment

No, I don't have a Windows 7 system to test right now. However, you should be able to check the Windows event log to see if the command was received and what command was run. Can you check the event log to confirm the command was run?

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Yes there is an event in te WIndows event log. See the two screenshots for the Lock event
            Attached Files

Comment

resolution?

I know that this is a very old thread however I was wondering if there is a resolution to this? I have Windows 10 and the same thing is happening. I can see that the computer received the command in the Windows log but nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
                I know that this is a very old thread however I was wondering if there is a resolution to this? I have Windows 10 and the same thing is happening. I can see that the computer received the command in the Windows log but nothing happens.
                The Microsoft API methods I was using to lock the screen don't appear to work in all versions of Windows. I have been unsuccessful in getting it to work reliably between Windows versions.

Comment

thank you for your reply. Might you consider rewriting the API to work with Windows 10? everyone should be on that version now.

Comment

Working...
                  X