Getting UltraMonShutdown working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting UltraMonShutdown working

I get the following message in my log when I try to use the shutdown/hibernate/logoff commands.

Sep-02 12:21:23 PM Error Unable to send Shutdown to device A4-BA-DB-EB-32-1E.
    Sep-02 12:16:01 PM Error Unable to send Logoff to device A4-BA-DB-EB-32-1E.

I have the Ultramon service installed and running on the computer I am targeting and selected in the options of the plugin. Both my HS3 and the target computer are running windows 10.

I am sure I have made some sort of error or have omitted some easy step in getting this set up, but I can't figure out what I have done wrong nor have I been able to find any instructions on getting this element of the plugin working.

Any help would be appreciated

Yes I have the same thing...can't help but think its firewall or something. I am Windows 10.

Comment

ok. So i have picked this up again and want to get the shutdown service working.

I am no longer getting an error type message, when I check my log, I get the messages that seem to say that the packets were successfully sent. The problem is that nothing happens to the computer that I am trying to logoff or shut down etc...

I'm running windows 10.

Oct-15 4:55:27 PM Informational WOL packet was successfully sent to 192.168.0.101 [A4-BA-DB-EB-32-1E]
      Oct-15 4:55:02 PM Informational UltraMonService Lock packet was successfully sent from 192.168.0.11 to 192.168.0.101 [A4BADBEB321E]
      Oct-15 4:50:37 PM Informational UltraMonService Logoff packet was successfully sent from 192.168.0.11 to 192.168.0.101 [A4BADBEB321E]

Comment

Bump.

Anyone successfully get this plugin to shut down and start a computer? I'm using Windows 10. I've tried to use this on two separate computers

Here is an example of what I see in my log when I send a reboot request

May-05 3:19:16 PM Informational UltraMonService Reboot packet was successfully sent from 192.168.0.11 to 192.168.0.102 [00016C6FE8D3]

I am using the ultramonshutdown option.

Alternatively, anyone have another way through homeseer to shutdown and restart a computer? I'd like to shutdown my office computer at night based on certain events or triggers and then open it up when I wake up as well as when I go to work and come home.

Disappointing since the shutdown and restart was the primary reason for purchasing this plugin.

Comment

Mine works fine, but I had to add a firewall exception for UltraMonHSPIService.exe for each machine on which I installed it.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I think that did the trick.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by adamgreenberg View Post
              I think that did the trick.

Thanks!
              How did you get the sending part to work. I am getting the "Unable to send Reboot to device" in the log. What did you do?
              F

Comment

Working...
              X