Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Hydrawise by Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I give I will sell the house and find a new one that doesn’t have Hydrawise installed....

Comment

devoir no need to sell the house just yet.
      I’ve written a few vb scripts that can read and send commands to my 12 zone Hydrawise unit.

I’ve only done some basic testing but will share as soon as I find the time to document how to setup. I’m no plugin developer so relies on being triggered by some events that need manual creation. I’m hoping someone will pickup and convert to a proper plugin.

So far I can read all the info from hydrawise in to devices, turn zones on and off, set zone duration and set the standard schedule to run and stop.

No guarantees on how it will work on other systems, but happy to share all the code for others to play with. I should be able to post in a few weeks once I get some more time.

Comment

Santoal.... it's to late I sold that house...... left the state and moved across the country ...

However I have a new house with several Hydrawise units ...or it will soon

Many thanks and looking forward to seeing this

Devoir

Comment

Hi All,

I have already built a Plugin for Hydrawise by Hunter. Was planning on releasing it last week but have held off as Hunter have changed their API to improve it. I also needed to sign the Hunter agreement to allow development with their API. The original API is stil working at the moment but development will need to the new API version. I have been talking with Hunter and wil be receiving the v2 API info over the next few days after which I will update the plugin to use the new/improved API. I will release the HS3 version first and after after HS4 beta comes out this week, I will start work rebuilding the plugin to support HS4 natively. I plan on keeping both versions (HS3/HS4) updated as new features become available in the API from Hunter.
          Although not fully deceided, I hope to offer the HS4 plugin as a free upgrade to anyone who has purchased the HS3 version for upto 6 months after the HS4 version is released. After the 6 months, I will look to allow a discount (notionally 50%) on the HS4 plugin if you already have the HS3 version.

Comment

Many thanks for all the work everyone has put into the development...... My new house needs two or three controllers . I'll be installing them in a few weeks.

Devoir

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
              Hi All,

I have already built a Plugin for Hydrawise by Hunter. Was planning on releasing it last week but have held off as Hunter have changed their API to improve it. I also needed to sign the Hunter agreement to allow development with their API. The original API is stil working at the moment but development will need to the new API version. I have been talking with Hunter and wil be receiving the v2 API info over the next few days after which I will update the plugin to use the new/improved API. I will release the HS3 version first and after after HS4 beta comes out this week, I will start work rebuilding the plugin to support HS4 natively. I plan on keeping both versions (HS3/HS4) updated as new features become available in the API from Hunter.
              Although not fully deceided, I hope to offer the HS4 plugin as a free upgrade to anyone who has purchased the HS3 version for upto 6 months after the HS4 version is released. After the 6 months, I will look to allow a discount (notionally 50%) on the HS4 plugin if you already have the HS3 version.
              That sounds great russr999 . Looking forward to seeing the plug-in! My scripts are working great for me at the moment but will undoubtedly install the plug-in when its available. Interested to see what features you implemented and how it was setup in HomeSeer. I've posted scripts here if anyone is interested.
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ir...rawise-scripts
              It requires manual setup so the plug-in will be much easier when available.

Comment

It is all of a sudden and out of the blue the I decided to look at this thread and I was expecting the more recent posts. Thanks for all the effort and work on the developing the script and I will await the release of the plugin.

Comment

i have two new controllers cant wait to hear an update
                  the house has old rainbirds i'm itching to put the new Hydrawises units in action

in my humble opinion Hunter has the best controller on the market...............offer the PI and i will support you

devoir

Comment

Working...
                  X