Rain sensor, flexible solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain sensor, flexible solution

In case anyone needs a nice rain sensor setup, I've figured out a reliable system that may not be in the general knowledgebase. I have installed 8 or so rain sensors from http://rainsensors.com/ across the country over the past year or so. In order to make it work with z-wave, I use the dry contact function in the Fortrezz Mimolite. My main use case is to close automated windows when it rains, so I need instant, reliable response, which typical sprinkler sensors can't do. If you wanted to take it a step further, you could actually measure rainfall amounts with this combination as well. It's a heck of a nice sensor. And, no, I'm not offering it for sale here. Just passing along the info. If anyone is interested in more detailed info, or more specifics on getting this to work, let me know. I'll be glad to help.
    Attached Files

Hello,

I have a few still sitting my desk that I purchased for a project that I never got around to implementing. This has just given me a little reminder.

Comment

I configured my sensor to approximate rainfall level which generates a pulse just like a rain bucket. Interfaced with a counter (have done with both 1-wire and WiFi). This way irrigation logic can be based upon a quantify of rainfall rather than rain/no-rain. If the device is setup with sufficiently high quantization then dry contact pulses would be able to be counted by HS.

Comment

Working...
      X