Best Event Logic for GoControl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Event Logic for GoControl?

After wrestling with Rain8Net for 5 years, I bought a GoControl interface and wired 9 zones...it has been quite reliable to date. I hate the event logic I use; basically: turn on Z1 for 9 minutes, after a delay of 10 minutes turn on Z2 for 12 minutes, after a delay of 13 minutes turn on Z3 for 6 minutes, after a delay of 7 minutes...etc. The sequence makes it cumbersome to adjust zone watering times. Does anyone have a better event logic?
    HS3Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Zstick
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    5 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls
    Serial Rain8Net Pro with 8 zones

I split each watering zone into it's own event, all of which are under the same umbrella event group. I have some event group conditions to do with rainfall that each individual event references so watering doesn't occur in wet weather.

Apart from that I've typically been happy with the 5 or 10 minute default timers. Each individual event has a time io day based trigger. The events are all spaced 15 minutes apart so that if I want to adjust a particular zones watering time up or down there's little risk of overlap.

Comment

mcsSprinklers treats the GoControl just like any other interface such as Rain8, Etherrain or RPi relays so the ugliness of having to use HS Events to control the unit is eliminated. Just define how many of the GoControl relays are being used and a control strategy (based upon time or based upon moisture loss/weather conditions).

Comment

Not sure if this expands into too many events. An option is you could set up a virtual device or counter to hold which zone you turned on. Then base your subsequent events on when the irrigation valve value turns "off" and the virtual device value, you trigger the appropriate event in the watering sequence.

Guessing as how you turn off your Z1 in 9 minutes.

Event A:
        if time is ...
        and "gocontrol zone VD" is off (0)
        then set "gocontrol zone VD" to 1
        then set irrigation value z1 on for 10 minutes
        then wait 9 minutes
        then set irrigation value to off

Event B:
        if "gocontrol zone VD" changed to off
        and "gocontrol zone VD" is 1
        then set "gocontrol zone VD" to 2
        then set irrigation value z2 on for 15 minutes
        then wait 12 minutes

Event C:
        if "gocontrol zone VD" changed to off
        and "gocontrol zone VD" is 2
        then set "gocontrol zone VD" to 3
        then set irrigation value z3 on for 15 minutes
        then wait 13 minutes

Comment

Thanks to you all; I think I came up with a nice solution. I created a manual routine template that has all my zones, each set to run for an hour. Between each zone command I inserted a Wait command: run z1 for an hour, wait 10 minutes, run z2 for an hour, wait 7 minutes, run z3 for an hour, wait 9 minutes, etc. setting the wait time effectively sets the zone run time as GoControl turns off any other open valve when another valve starts. Using the template, I can create different routines: beds, yard, spring, summer... I keep all the zones set to one hour for ease of setup; if I don’t want to run a zone in a given routine, I set the wait time to 5 seconds. I use a second event to schedule the routines. Pretty simple, easily modified and it eems to work great.
          HS3Pro on Windows 10
          One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
          2nd install with 1 Zstick
          300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
          5 CT-100 tstats
          Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
          18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls
          Serial Rain8Net Pro with 8 zones

Comment

Working...
          X