GoControl Irrigation status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoControl Irrigation status

Recently installed the GoControl Irrigation controller. All is mostly working well. I ran into an issue where my gfi had somehow pop'd so there was no power to the controller.
    Any ideas on how I can simply poll the controller once a day to confirm it is communicating/has power?

You can poll it through a script and if it returns OK, it is good, if it's not communicating, it will return Timeout_OK.

Here's the script commands you would need:

Code:
    Dim PollResult As New HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PollResultInfo
    PollResult = hs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave", "", "PollDevice", New Object() {dvRef})  
    hs.writelog(logName, "Device: " & dvRef & ") Result: " & PollResult.Result.ToString & " (" & PollResult.Value.ToString    & ")")
    Replace dvRef with the reference id of the GoControl's root device. You could use the result to change a virtual device that could be the trigger for notifying you. How would you want to be notified?
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I was hoping to avoid a script, but I guess its time to get my feet wet lol

Comment

Wouldn't setting the device's Z-Wave Polling Interval to 23:59:59 and then have an event watching for a change to a non-normal status work?

Comment

mcssprinklers plugin supports the gocontrol and provides s much nicer setup than using hs events. it handles the status and notifications of failures

Comment

Working...
          X