Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GoControl Irrigation in HomeSeer - log doesn't match device entry that was turned on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoControl Irrigation in HomeSeer - log doesn't match device entry that was turned on.

I just noticed this oddity while manually turning on a zone with my GoControl Irrigation controller.
    I intended to turn on Zone 2 for 20 minutes, as per screen cap #1.
    But the log indicates I turned on Zone 15 ??
    I confirmed that Zone 2 is actually on and I don't even have a zone 15.
    You can see in both entries that the timestamps match.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprinkler1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1308129

Name:	Sprinkler2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1308130

I would check the value/status pairs for the irrigation value. Value 5122 on my GoControl is valve 1 for 20 minutes.

Comment

Interesting suggestion and more weirdness.
      Why would my default values (I never knew they were even here until your reply) be different from yours?
      And the log entry referred to Valve 15.

Name:	Sprinkler3.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1308327

Comment

I was wrong about mine, 5122 is valve 2 for 20 minutes. I changed all the status texts on the values I use to their name ("Front yard", "Front yard side", etc.) I miss-read the similar names.

Just for fun I manually changed the control through the web interface, which I rarely do, and got odd results same as you. See below:

Jun-02 2:02:53 PM Device Control Device: Garage Irrigation Valve to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Jun-02 2:02:07 PM Device Control Device: Garage Irrigation Valve to Off (1284) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

The 2:07 entry value (1284) is for valve 4 on for 5 minutes, but clearly says "Off" in the log, which is actually value 0. The second line when I turned it off is correct.

Seems like a bug, not sure when it was introduced.

Comment

Ok, thanks for clarifying.
          And I also appreciate the tip about renaming the status texts. I did that first thing this morning and also deleted all the extra/unused zones that I'll never use here.
          Now it's far more usable and friendly.
          And per your observation, I'll ignore the status/log when manually activating a zone and assume it's a bug (non-functional).

Comment

Working...
          X