Help with Open Sprinkler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Open Sprinkler

Suddenly OS doesn't work with HS3. It's been working for years but now the dev mgt page just shows "COMMS Fail" for almost every device. If I look at the log in the OP plugin, it says wrong password. I haven't changed the password in HS so the OS controller must have changed. I can control it via it's web page and via the android app. I can't see any way to change the controller password so I can get it in sync with HS again. Can anyone help
    Thanx

I am having a similar issue except mine does not says failed password. It says the following.
    Jun-20 1:04:30 PM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
    Jun-20 1:04:29 PM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
    I can connect to my OpenSprinkler device (a raspberry PI) without issue from my phone, laptop, etc. The only way I have been able to fix this is to reboot HomeSeer (I am on running HS3 on Linux). After a restart, it works fine for maybe 12 hours or so and then I get the COMMS Fail.

Comment

Mattyjee Any ideas or suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
        Suddenly OS doesn't work with HS3. It's been working for years but now the dev mgt page just shows "COMMS Fail" for almost every device. If I look at the log in the OP plugin, it says wrong password. I haven't changed the password in HS so the OS controller must have changed. I can control it via it's web page and via the android app. I can't see any way to change the controller password so I can get it in sync with HS again. Can anyone help
        Thanx
        Check the password in Opensprinkler (there is also an option to ignore password) and check the password in Homeseer plugin page.
        Enable debug logging and post the response here so I can see it.
        What firmware version do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGalt View Post
          I am having a similar issue except mine does not says failed password. It says the following.
          Jun-20 1:04:30 PM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
          Jun-20 1:04:29 PM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
          I can connect to my OpenSprinkler device (a raspberry PI) without issue from my phone, laptop, etc. The only way I have been able to fix this is to reboot HomeSeer (I am on running HS3 on Linux). After a restart, it works fine for maybe 12 hours or so and then I get the COMMS Fail.
          Are you still having this issue? There is one thing i changed in the latest update that may be contributing to this. Are you still forced to reboot homeseer - that doesnt make sense...

I've been away - still working on that scaling issue but havent had time yet. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post

Are you still having this issue? There is one thing i changed in the latest update that may be contributing to this. Are you still forced to reboot homeseer - that doesnt make sense...

I've been away - still working on that scaling issue but havent had time yet. Cheers.
            Hi Matt-

Unfortunately I am still having the issue. Below are some logs. I disabled the plugin and restarted it. It appears it starts two threads. Is this expected? Also, the start time of 68 seconds seems a bit long.

Thanks!!

Jun-25 8:35:18 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin OpenSprinkler started successfully in 68543 milliseconds
            Jun-25 8:35:18 AM OS-Plugin Success! OpenSprinkler Plugin Initialised
            Jun-25 8:35:18 AM OS-Debug Attempting to start main program thread
            Jun-25 8:35:18 AM OS-Debug HS3 Devices already exist - rebuild is skipped
            Jun-25 8:35:18 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
            Jun-25 8:34:44 AM OS-Plugin Error: Firmware check step did not recieve a response from OpenSprinkler Controller.
            Jun-25 8:34:44 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
            Jun-25 8:34:24 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in OpenSprinkler
            Jun-25 8:34:24 AM Starting Plug-In OpenSprinkler loaded in 15028 milliseconds
            Jun-25 8:34:10 AM OS-Debug Attempting first read from OpenSprinkler
            Jun-25 8:34:10 AM OS-Debug Success! INI File read
            Jun-25 8:34:10 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin OpenSprinkler ...
            Jun-25 8:34:10 AM Info Plugin OpenSprinkler has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:37882
            Jun-25 8:32:11 AM Info Plugin OpenSprinkler with instance: has disconnected

Comment

Wow, that's messed up - it shouldn't start two threads. How the hell have I achieved that? Is this on the latest test version i PM'd you or the last official release?

No wait - can you reconfirm did it start two threads or did it not stop the previous thread when you disabled the plugin - that was a issue before but i thought i had fixed it. If this is the case, i dont think you need to restart homeseer, you just need to make sure that all opensprinkler threads have stopped (or stop them manually).

I'll dig back into my code and try once again to nail this on the head. It essentially happens if the plugin doesn't finish starting within the first 15 seconds - in this case it took 68 seconds. I think I know what I need to do, i was just trying to avoid it as its a bit of a rewrite.

Comment

Mattyjee Unforantely I am stilling having issues with OpenSprinkler getting disconnected and unable to reconnect every couple days. I downgraded to 2.1.8.12 to try to keep things "simple" and revert to a more tested version.

Here are some of the log entries

OS-Debug
                Code:

Jul-25 10:03:03 AM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
                Jul-25 10:02:04 AM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
                Jul-25 10:01:05 AM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
                Jul-25 10:00:06 AM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
                Jul-25 9:59:06 AM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
                Jul-25 9:58:07 AM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
                Jul-25 9:57:08 AM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
                Jul-25 9:56:09 AM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
                OpenSprinkler (Once I start getting errors nothing else is logged in this log.
                Code:

Jul-24 6:53:18 AM OpenSprinkler All zones are off
                Jul-24 6:50:37 AM OpenSprinkler Hanging Baskets is currently on
                Jul-24 6:48:18 AM OpenSprinkler All zones are off
                Jul-24 6:45:36 AM OpenSprinkler Flower Pots is currently on
                Jul-24 6:40:36 AM OpenSprinkler Window Boxes is currently on
                OS-Plugin _ This log is empty until i start getting errors. 7:43:27 on July 24th is the most recent time when it lost connectivity with OpenSprinkler.
                Code:

Jul-24 7:48:23 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
                Jul-24 7:47:24 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
                Jul-24 7:46:25 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
                Jul-24 7:45:25 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
                Jul-24 7:44:26 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
                Jul-24 7:43:27 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings

I am running Homeseer in docker on linux. If I run ps-A all I can see just one thread open running /usr/bin/mono /Homeseer/HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe. If I disable the plugin and re-enable it via the website can see this thread disappear and reappear and the following in my logs. However, it still will not connect and I get Comm Errors.

Code:

Jul-25 10:25:39 AM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
                Jul-25 10:25:38 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
                Jul-25 10:24:39 AM OS-Debug UD: OpenSprinkler not read. Skipping code.
                Jul-25 10:24:39 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
                Jul-25 10:23:40 AM OS-Plugin Success! OpenSprinkler Plugin Initialised
                Jul-25 10:23:40 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin OpenSprinkler started successfully in 108528 milliseconds
                Jul-25 10:23:40 AM OS-Debug Attempting to start main program thread
                Jul-25 10:23:40 AM OS-Debug HS3 Devices already exist - rebuild is skipped
                Jul-25 10:23:40 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
                Jul-25 10:22:46 AM OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler unit is not responding - check IP address settings
                Jul-25 10:22:46 AM OS-Plugin Error: Firmware check step did not recieve a response from OpenSprinkler Controller.
                Jul-25 10:22:06 AM Starting Plug-In OpenSprinkler loaded in 15051 milliseconds
                Jul-25 10:22:06 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in OpenSprinkler
                Jul-25 10:21:52 AM OS-Debug Attempting first read from OpenSprinkler
                Jul-25 10:21:52 AM OS-Debug Success! INI File read
                Jul-25 10:21:52 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin OpenSprinkler ...
                Jul-25 10:21:52 AM Info Plugin OpenSprinkler has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:33610
                Jul-25 10:17:28 AM Info Plugin OpenSprinkler with instance: has disconnected
                Jul-25 10:17:25 AM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: OpenSprinkler
                If I kill the thread using the "kill processid" command in linux and kill the thread then things reconnect and everything start working again as normal.

Any ideas? It seems weird in the code above that it says "Starting Plugin twice. The first time it doesn't appear to try to connect.

It is also weird that enabling the plugin via the website does not work, but killing the thread triggering it to restart does.

Comment

Sorry for my slowness, but I've finally gotten around to simplifying the comms for the newer firmware which will hopefully solve your issue. This new version should reduce the number of IP polls by a factor of 6 without slowing the overall response. I don't have the right firmware so cant test, but i at least know i haven't broken anything new when i test with my old firmware. Should have also finally stopped the double-instance and slow load issues. Unzip the following an replace your OpenSprinkler.exe in your homeseer folder.

if this works, I'll publish to the updater.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mattyjee

No worries. We all have lots going on in life.

First the good news.

Things appear to be loading faster. However, I am getting a lot of errors.

Code:

Aug-19 4:39:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Water% device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:39:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: jc=
                    Aug-19 4:39:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain delay device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:39:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: jp=
                    Aug-19 4:39:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:39:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: js=
                    Aug-19 4:39:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to station devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:39:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: en=0
                    Aug-19 4:39:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: jc=
                    Aug-19 4:39:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Root device update failed - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: jc=
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to history device - Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: js=
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Status device - Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: bits= 0 0 0 0 0 0
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Flow Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: rs=0
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: uwt=0
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: wl=0
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: jo=
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Water% device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain delay device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: jp=
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: js=
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to station devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: en=0
                    Aug-19 4:38:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Root device update failed - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: jc=
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to history device - Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: js=
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Status device - Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: bits= 0 0 0 0 0 0
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Flow Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: rs=0
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: uwt=0
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: wl=0
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: jo=
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Water% device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain delay device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: jp=
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: js=
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to station devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error info: en=0
                    Aug-19 4:37:23 PM OS-Debug Error: Root device update failed - Input string was not in a correct format.
                    Aug-19 4:36:23 PM OS-Debug HS3 Devices already exist - rebuild is skipped
                    Aug-19 4:35:53 PM OS-Debug Password MD5: a6d82bced638de3def1e9bbb4983225c
                    Aug-19 4:35:53 PM OS-Debug Firmware version is 218. Plugin valid for 210 to 218+
                    Aug-19 4:35:48 PM OS-Debug Attempting first read from OpenSprinkler
                    Aug-19 4:35:48 PM OS-Debug Attempting to start main program thread
                    Aug-19 4:35:48 PM OS-Debug Success! INI File read

Comment

Ha, a simple but careless mistake (unfortunately i'm unable to test the new section of code - my firmware version uses the existing bit of code).

try this one instead...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X