What type of rain sensor for Rain8net pro2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of rain sensor for Rain8net pro2

Hey guys I have a rain8net pro2 that has a jack input for rain sensor, my question is which type of rain sensor uses 3.5mm phono jack?

The instructions says:

"The input feature accepts only passive contact closure devices" what does this mean?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

It is a device like a relay contact. It is not expecting an active voltage on the connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      It is a device like a relay contact. It is not expecting an active voltage on the connection.
      Oh ok, Does It matter if it NO or NC?
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Check out the PDF for the Hydreon Optical Rain Guage NC or NO stuff.

http://www.rainsensors.com/its_raining.php

Here is the PDF for the Rainbird "sponge" type rain sensor. It is NC and NO when raining.

http://www.rainbird.com/documents/turf/man_RSD.pdf
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Thks Pete , I now you have a RG -11 have you test the rain barrel feature on it? Do you use it's currently for your sprinkler system?
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

No and yes.

I still have connected next to a Dallas 1-wire tipping bucket and about 30 feet from the Davis Vantage View tipping bucket. (4 rain checking instruments).

Personally the RG-11 numbers (rain tipping numbers were not close to the other rain measuring instruments). That said it works fine as a sensor for just rain.

I also have the Rainbird rain sensor hooked up.

That said for my sprinkling system historically I always used just a rain tipping bucket. This year will also add the RG-11 as a rain sensor only.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              No and yes.

I still have connected next to a Dallas 1-wire tipping bucket and about 30 feet from the Davis Vantage View tipping bucket. (4 rain checking instruments).

Personally the RG-11 numbers (rain tipping numbers were not close to the other rain measuring instruments). That said it works fine as a sensor for just rain.

I also have the Rainbird rain sensor hooked up.

That said for my sprinkling system historically I always used just a rain tipping bucket. This year will also add the RG-11 as a rain sensor only.
              Plz informe your results, Iam reading up on RG11 myself, I will be installing soon to see results.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Yeah; I am done testing. My conclusions are:

1 - RG-11 will be left in place and used as a rain only sensor
                2 - Davis Vantage Vue weather station will be utilized for everything else (it is today)
                3 - I left a DS10A connected to the Rainbird "sponge" switch but it is not utilized. You can adjust it but the RG-11 is way better.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                X