No announcement yet.

Rain8 pro not communicating can u help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain8 pro not communicating can u help?

My rain8 pro all of a sudden stop communicating with the rain8 config program and also the demos program, any ideas that some one can share to fix this issue?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Did you have a thunderstorm recently? It may have been fried. Try running the Rain8net Configuration program (available at WGLs web site) and see if it can communicate with the unit.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Did you have a thunderstorm recently? It may have been fried. Try running the Rain8net Configuration program (available at WGLs web site) and see if it can communicate with the unit.
      My model s a Rain8pro and my problem is that it doesn't seam to see the com port. When I try the rain 8 config it tells me that the "com is already opened"
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I would personally shut down Homeseer. Reboot the box then....

Initially I would check the BIOS to make sure that the com serial ports are enabled.

From there I would go to control panel / system properties / hardware / device manager / ports (com & LPT) to make sure the ports are there and numbered.

Then I would unpower the Rain8Net, disconnect the serial port then reconnect the serial port and power it up.

Then test it with the Rain8 net test program.

Watering in the midwest is seasonal here and involves reinstalling an RPZ valve and checking the zones / valves. Before I do that though I have been removing and powering up the Rain8nets every year; guessing out of habit. I have two rain8nets and sometimes the second one loses its ID such that I test each one individually and make sure the ID is set on each one by connecting the serial line separately to each device. Note that the two Rain8Nets I use are the first generation ones.
        Last edited by Pete; May 24th, 2014, 08:53 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Working...
        X