GoControl Irrigation Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jetcobra View Post

I deleted the node on HS3 and then did the reset procedure on the Go Control. After that I attempted many times to re-associate it with HS3 and got the blinking green led but it would not link to the z wave network. I am not running a beta (I got the USB z wave) unless they sent it to me with a beta. I just got it about two months ago.
    Did you delete the node from the main UI or from within the Z-Wave plug-in "Remove/Exclude A Node"?

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post

Did you delete the node from the main UI or from within the Z-Wave plug-in "Remove/Exclude A Node"?
      I took the unit to my HS3 PC and removed/added the node using the Z wave tool on my Iphone. I then took it back to my Garage (where my wiring is) and powered in up with only power leads attached and got a green LED, so I then attached the common wire first, one sprinkler valve wire second and and then one master valve wire. When I attached the master valve wire I got a red/orange blinking LED that indicates power out of range. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comment

I took the unit to my HS3 PC and removed/added the node using the Z wave tool on my Iphone. I then took it back to my Garage (where my wiring is) and powered in up with only power leads attached and got a green LED, so I then attached the common wire first, one sprinkler valve wire second and and then one master valve wire. When I attached the master valve wire I got a red/orange blinking LED that indicates power out of range. Has anyone else had this problem?
        Doesn't the master valve have a separate common?
        Last edited by cowinger; August 22nd, 2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
          Thanks for the information. It looks like this one will not be a fit for me. My current one is also not stand-alone and I have had issues lately with its z-wave status going "Unknown". Once it did that just after the valve was commanded ON and HS was not able to shut it off. 2 1/2 hours later I woke up and had to kill it manually.
          I think that is why you have to set the zone to be on for x minutes. The "off" is internally timed / controlled rather than relying on external (HS) control. If having z-wave issue after a zone is on, the zone would turn off after the set number of minutes, however, the next zone triggered by HS will not turn on.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Doesn't the master valve have a separate common?
            No - my previous controller had only one common and one wire connection for the master valve. This controller has a common but it has two wire connections for the master valve but nothing is mentioned concerning this in the manual. And I have tried to connect the master valve wire to both connections and both of them give the red/orange blinking LED. I am not sure where to go next. Any thoughts?

Comment

No - my previous controller had only one common and one wire connection for the master valve. This controller has a common but it has two wire connections for the master valve but nothing is mentioned concerning this in the manual. And I have tried to connect the master valve wire to both connections and both of them give the red/orange blinking LED. I am not sure where to go next. Any thoughts?
              So you have taken the two separate wires that come from the master valve and connected them to the controller where it shows the two connectors for the master valve, yes? The two wires from the master valve are not part of the valve wires, they are separate. If so then what power supply are you using with the controller? It should be an 18vdc wall transformer. Is this what you have connected to it? Here is the manual. Look at the connector diagram on page 2. Check out the section of "Master Valves" for the power requirement maximums.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by cowinger; August 22nd, 2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

So you have taken the two separate wires that come from the master valve and connected them to the controller where it shows the two connectors for the master valve, yes? The two wires from the master valve are not part of the valve wires, they are separate. If so then what power supply are you using with the controller? It should be an 18vdc wall transformer. Is this what you have connected to it? Here is the manual. Look at the connector diagram on page 2. Check out the section of "Master Valves" for the power requirement maximums.
                No - my master valve has only one wire to connect so my confusion was why there are two wire connections on the Go Control but I now see that the section called Master Valves says that either connection can be used. My current WIFI based controller works with this one master valve wire connected along with the common wire for all wiring but it has a 24VAC power adapter.

I am using the provided 18VDC power adapter (seems strange to call it a DC voltage since there is not power/ground indication?). My problem is that I get the "power out of range" indication (blinking red/orange LED) when I connect the one master valve wire to either of the two connections (and I am not even operating anything yet??). When I attach the master valve wire after attaching the common and one valve wire I get this red/orange blinking LED. My valves (including the master valve) are all standard 24VAC valves according to my sprinkler installer so there should be no problem in operating this valve. I may just have a bad unit so I have requested a replacement unit from Homeseer and they have agreed.

Comment

No - my master valve has only one wire to connect so my confusion was why there are two wire connections on the Go Control but I now see that the section called Master Valves says that either connection can be used. My current WIFI based controller works with this one master valve wire connected along with the common wire for all wiring but it has a 24VAC power adapter.

I am using the provided 18VDC power adapter (seems strange to call it a DC voltage since there is not power/ground indication?). My problem is that I get the "power out of range" indication (blinking red/orange LED) when I connect the one master valve wire to either of the two connections (and I am not even operating anything yet??). When I attach the master valve wire after attaching the common and one valve wire I get this red/orange blinking LED. My valves (including the master valve) are all standard 24VAC valves according to my sprinkler installer so there should be no problem in operating this valve. I may just have a bad unit so I have requested a replacement unit from Homeseer and they have agreed.
                  Sounds like you are correct. Let us know how the new one functions. Merely hooking up a valve to the input should not cause a voltage error.

Comment

GoControl Script to water X zones through Y cycles.

DISCLAIMER - I don't profess to being a guru. This is one way to do it and most likely is not the best. Hope it helps others and reduces brain damage along the way.

I have written a script that uses global variables, timers, counters and virtual devices to control watering. It also saves the global variables to a .ini file and initializes on boot.

Purpose was to allow easy time adjustments for better WAF and to allow specified time for each zone (valve) and run all zones multiple times. I also wanted to be able to kill the script if needed. In addition, in HSTOUCH I wanted to show which zone was watering and how long it had been running.

If you decide to implement and I failed to mention something let me know and I will try to clarify.

Modifications to startup.vb----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dim FQPN As String = "Watering6120.ini"
                    Dim ZoneTime As Integer = hs.GetINISetting("Watering", "ZoneTime", "540", FQPN) 'Create a default Read from the ini file
                    Dim FlowerTime As Integer = hs.GetINISetting("Watering", "FlowerTime", "960", FQPN)'Create a default
                    Dim sCycles As Integer = hs.GetINISetting("Watering", "SoakCycles", "1", FQPN) 'Create a default

At the bottom of the file I added

'Create the global variables needed
                    'Add Watering Global variables.
                    '-------------------------------------------

errst = hs.CreateVar("zntime")
                    errst = hs.CreateVar("znflwrtime")
                    errst = hs.CreateVar("soakcycles")

'Populate the data from the ini file

errst = hs.SaveVar("zntime",ZoneTime)
                    errst = hs.SaveVar("znflwrtime",FlowerTime)
                    errst = hs.SaveVar("soakcycles",sCycles)

End startup.vb modifications ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creation of Watering6120.ini file in /opt/HomeSeer/Config ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Watering]
                    ZoneTime=30
                    FlowerTime=30
                    SoakCycles=1

End ini file modifications ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creation of Script for watering - Thanks to all of the help with CAPI from the Forum ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Water the Lawn in XX soak cycles.
                    'Parm should be the deviceID

IMPORTS System.IO
                    IMPORTS System.Net
                    IMPORTS System.Threading

Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

Dim dvRef As Integer = Parm 'Device Reference
                    Dim Cycle As Integer = 0
                    Dim dCode As Integer = 0
                    Dim ZoneTime As Integer = hs.GetVar("zntime") 'In seconds
                    Dim FlowerTime As Integer = hs.GetVar("znflwrtime") 'In seconds
                    Dim sCycles As Integer = hs.GetVar("soakcycles") 'Min should be 1
                    Dim dvCode As Integer = 0 'Valve xx
                    Dim dString(10) As String
                    Dim KillMe as Integer

dString(0) = "Valve 1 On for 30 min"
                    dString(1) = "Valve 2 On for 30 min"
                    dString(2) = "Valve 3 On for 30 min"
                    dString(3) = "Valve 4 On for 30 min"
                    dString(4) = "Valve 5 On for 30 min"
                    dString(5) = "Valve 6 On for 30 min"
                    dString(6) = "Valve 7 On for 30 min"
                    dString(7) = "Valve 8 On for 30 min"
                    dString(8) = "Valve 9 On for 30 min"
                    dString(9) = "Valve 10 On for 30 min"
                    dString(10) = "Valve 11 On for 30 min"

hs.CounterReset("Zone Counter") 'Set the Zone Number to 0

Do While Cycle < sCycles

hs.WriteLog("Water", "Running Cycle " & CStr(Cycle + 1))
                    hs.CounterIncrement("Zone Counter") ' Set the zone counter to 1

'-------------------------------
                    ' Water each zone for zone time. Do this by starting the zone for xx minutes and then
                    ' turning off after zone time minutes
                    '------------------------------

Do While dvCode < 10
                    KillMe = hs.DeviceValue(451)
                    If KillMe = 1 Then 'Told to Die
                    hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(451, 0, True) 'Reset the Device so Watering can run
                    hs.TriggerEvent("Shut Off Timers")
                    Exit Sub 'Exit the Subroutine
                    End If
                    hs.TimerReset("Watering Time")
                    dCode = 15361 + dvCode
                    CallCAPI(dvRef, dString(dvCode)) 'Turn on for xx minutes
                    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef(dvRef, dCode, True) ' Set the Device value
                    hs.WaitSecs(ZoneTime)
                    CallCAPI(dvRef, "Off") 'Turn off
                    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef(dvRef, 0, True) ' Show it as Off
                    hs.WaitSecs(1)
                    dvCode = dvCode + 1
                    hs.CounterIncrement("Zone Counter")
                    Loop

dvCode = 10
                    dCode = 15371
                    hs.CounterIncrement("Zone Counter") 'Set to Last Zone

KillMe = hs.DeviceValue(451) 'Must check if told to die while on zone 10
                    If KillMe = 1 Then 'Told to Die
                    hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(451, 0, True) 'Reset the Device so Watering can run
                    hs.TriggerEvent("Shut Off Timers") 'Shut Off Timers
                    Exit Sub 'Exit the Subroutine
                    End If

'Water the flower beds and Trees Differently

CallCAPI(dvRef, dString(dvCode)) 'Turn on
                    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef(dvRef, dCode, True)
                    hs.WaitSecs(FlowerTime)
                    CallCAPI(dvRef, "Off") 'Turn off
                    hs.SetDeviceValuebyRef(dvRef, 0, True) ' Show it as Off

'Restart the next cycle

Cycle = Cycle + 1
                    hs.CounterReset("Zone Counter") ' Set the Zone Number to 0
                    dvCode = 0 'Reset the Device Code

Loop

hs.TriggerEvent("Shut Off Timers")

End Sub

Function CallCAPI(ByVal intDevRef As Integer, ByVal strDevCmd As String) As CAPIControlResponse

hs.writelog("CallCAPI", "Device Reference: " & intDevRef & " strDevCmd: " & strDevCmd)
                    CallCAPI = CAPIControlResponse.Indeterminate

For Each objCAPIControl As CAPIControl In hs.CAPIGetControl(intDevRef)

If LCase(objCAPIControl.Label) = LCase(strDevCmd) Then 'check options to find match - case insensitive
                    CallCAPI = hs.CAPIControlHandler(objCAPIControl) 'API Does the lifting
                    Exit For
                    End If

Next

End Function

End Watering Script --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create a virtual device ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I created a virtual device to set the kill status

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-07-04 13-37-40.png
Views:	41
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1314280
                    The Status Graphics were set up as shown below

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-07-04 13-46-12.png
Views:	41
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1314282

End Virtual device -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Events Created ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    My Event to Trigger it looks like this:

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-07-04 13-23-18.png
Views:	42
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1314278

With another event to shut off the timer because you can't do it from a script and the timer ran continuously after watering was done.

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-07-04 13-26-44.png
Views:	131
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1314277
                    End Events Created ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HS Touch Screen -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what the water control looks like

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-07-04 13-34-08.png
Views:	42
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	1314279

For increasing and decreasing time and cycles I created 6 scripts

The Up Scripts look like this:

IMPORTS System.IO
                    IMPORTS System.Net
                    IMPORTS System.Threading

Dim ZoneTime As Integer = hs.GetVar("zntime") 'Min should be 1
                    Dim sZoneTime As String
                    Dim errst

ZoneTime = ZoneTime + 15
                    If ZoneTime > 1800 Then
                    ZoneTime = 1800
                    End If

sZoneTime = CStr(ZoneTime)
                    errst = hs.SaveVar("zntime", ZoneTime)
                    hs.SaveINISetting("Watering", "ZoneTime", sZoneTime, "Watering6120.ini")

End Sub

The Down Scripts look like this:

IMPORTS System.IO
                    IMPORTS System.Net
                    IMPORTS System.Threading

Dim ZoneTime As Integer = hs.GetVar("zntime") 'Min should be 1
                    Dim sZoneTime As String
                    Dim errst

ZoneTime = ZoneTime - 15 'Change to whatever you like - this is seconds
                    If ZoneTime < 15 Then
                    ZoneTime = 15
                    End If

sZoneTime = CStr(ZoneTime)
                    errst = hs.SaveVar("zntime", ZoneTime)
                    hs.SaveINISetting("Watering", "ZoneTime", sZoneTime, "Watering6120.ini") 'Write it to the ini file

End Sub

The time display for zones and flowerbeds used this in the text display box. Thanks again to the forum for this help

[$SCRIPT=&hs.GetVar("zntime")]

On the display of the time to run and cycles the values were slow to refresh so I forced it as shown below.

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-07-04 13-51-56.png
Views:	43
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1314283

HS Touch Screen End --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files

Comment

I have a simple event that cycles through three zones if certain conditions are met. The entire cycle takes a bit over an hour and it works perfectly.

However, if I manually stop the sprinkler, the event is still running so a few minutes later the next zone comes on.

How do I write an event to cancel the running event? Cancel the event by creating such an event or cancel a delayed event? I haven't had to deal with HS stuff in awhile and the mind fails me.

Comment

Working...
                      X