Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devices keep getting removed.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Ok, that hint was helpful and I've made some progress. Since the file was there but didn't contain the unit information and hadn't been updated in several weeks, I did the following:

    1) In the config folder I renamed "BLRain8Net.xml" to "BLRain8Net.xml_OLD"
    2) Restarted HS3
    3) Added the unit back to the plugin and assigned the COM port
    4) Found a newly created "BLRain8Net.xml" file and looked at the file contents and found the unit there this time and the unit worked


    So it seems that for some reason, the XML file was not being updated with the unit information, but deleting it forced the creation of a new file by the plug-in and the unit is there after a few restarts and reboots, however..... unfortunately, after a few more restarts / reboots, the file was created empty and obviously the unit was missing, so I was back to where this problem started.

    I have now marked the file as "read only" and will see if it holds. I will report back.

    Best,

    Brantz
    Last edited by brantz; October 29th, 2018, 10:15 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      OK let me know
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

      Comment


      • #18
        2 weeks now and it's still holding. Making the "BLRain8Net.xml" file read only has seemed to solve it.

        Comment


        • #19
          So.... at the end ,what’s the fix for This? Been frustrated about this issue for long time.
          Hector
          ____________________________________
          Win.2003 OS, HS3
          BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
          BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Blade View Post
            OK let me know
            blade when is this going to be fix?

            Hector
            ____________________________________
            Win.2003 OS, HS3
            BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
            BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

            Comment


            • #21
              I am not exactly sure what is causing it to happen. Is it possible for you to catch this happening with debug logging turned on?
              The plugin only writes to the file when a setting is changed
              If you can capture the issue for me then i can see if I can trace it down
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by brantz View Post
                2 weeks now and it's still holding. Making the "BLRain8Net.xml" file read only has seemed to solve it.
                This seamed to fix it... Doesn't this help you?
                Hector
                ____________________________________
                Win.2003 OS, HS3
                BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

                Comment


                • #23
                  I cant capture the issue now.. Is there anyone that that there setup is Constant so we can help blade?
                  Hector
                  ____________________________________
                  Win.2003 OS, HS3
                  BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                  BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                  MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    If you can capture the issue that would be great as it will help me track down the cause of this issue
                    I am thinking there is a bug somewhere that is causing this
                    Is it consistent when something happen in the plugin?
                    Is there any pattern at all?
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      blade I cant upload file toyour help desk nor here either ...
                      Hector
                      ____________________________________
                      Win.2003 OS, HS3
                      BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                      BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        The odds are if the log is that big I will not be able to open it
                        I have tried 1GB logs before with textpad and notepad++ and they will not open
                        Is there any way you can filter out the unneeded info

                        I can check my dropbox when I get home and see if I can get a link for you
                        Cheers,
                        Bob
                        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X