Setting up on HS3 for the first time - confused on 2 things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up on HS3 for the first time - confused on 2 things

I used MCSSprinklers under HS2, but am really looking for something simpler as I move to HS3, and I think BLRain8 should meet exactly what I need. But I have two questions:

1. Under options, you set up the COM port, but there is a separate screen (Rain8 Units) to set up the controller. I'm a little confused here since to have more than one unit, wouldn't you need to use multiple COM ports? I guess it doesn't really matter for me since I only have one unit, but I am curious.

2. More importantly for me, I don't see a way to rename the zones. I see the screen to change the icons and the screen to set up the schedule, but I don't see any way to rename them. In MCSSprinklers, I had "friendly" names for each zone like "Right Front Drip". I'm assuming this functionality exists and I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks,
    Scott

Originally posted by scott12v View Post

1. Under options, you set up the COM port, but there is a separate screen (Rain8 Units) to set up the controller. I'm a little confused here since to have more than one unit, wouldn't you need to use multiple COM ports? I guess it doesn't really matter for me since I only have one unit, but I am curious.
    Only 1 com port is used because the Rain8Net units connect into each other.

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
    2. More importantly for me, I don't see a way to rename the zones. I see the screen to change the icons and the screen to set up the schedule, but I don't see any way to rename them. In MCSSprinklers, I had "friendly" names for each zone like "Right Front Drip". I'm assuming this functionality exists and I'm just not seeing it.
    Scott
    You should be able to rename the devices directly in the device management page
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

scott i am on hs 3 now and want to leave mcs did this bl plug in work for you?
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Working...
        X