Rain8net and HS3 Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain8net and HS3 Linux

Hi just a quick question. I am trying to set up my Rain8net on HS3 Linux version 3.0.0.54. How do you input the com port? The Linux port is /dev/tty/usb1 but when I try to save it I get the following error "Address must be numeric!" Any idea?

Thanks in advance for your help!

For the first module the address should be 1
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

BLRain8Net Linux Support?

Based on this thread, and the availability of the plugin within HS3 in my linux envioronment, I purchased a Rain8 Pro II for use with HS3.

I'm posting here because I can't seem to post a reply to the case you closed on this topic on your support forum where you indicated that BLRain8Net was not supported under linux.

The plugin seems to mostly work, though I have not gotten it to successfully control the Rain8Net attached to dev/ttyUSB0.

Do you plan to support linux in the near future?

For more information on the problem I experienced when installing the BLRain8Net plugin on my Debian linux environment, please see attached PDF.
      Attached Files

Comment

I do plan to support some of my plugins in Linux but I have not had the time to test anything in Linux at all. Some plugins are just not going to work in Linux because of some of the functions that are used.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

BLRain8Net likely does not work because it uses the mscomm32.ocx for serial communication
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Happy to help test linux support

I'm happy to help test anything that you port to linux. You can see the quality of my testing from the PDF :-).

I'm trying to move everything from HS2 on a dedicated Windows XP embedded box (Hometroller) to Debian running on my Synology NAS, which has proven to be very fast, flexible, and power efficient - and is running all the time anyway. HS3 is blazing fast on this platform, as well.

Regarding serial support, the best implementation is the serial over IP rather than direct serial support. The HS3 Z-Wave "Ethernet Connected Device" implementation is perfect - this allows you to to just connect the serial port on the device (in this case Rain8Net) to an ethernet interface (wired or wireless) which would allow you to support windows and linux interfaces consistently over straight IP.

Comment

Working...
            X