Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain8NetPro Not Opening Valves

Hey Bob,

I'm installing HS3 for the first time and have downloaded BLRain8Net. The plugin is communicating to the device (I can see the Status Light blinking) and it has created the "devices" for each valve, but I can't seem to turn them on and off? I'm wondering if the Pro version (it has electrical surge protection vs. the standard model; note had to get that one when my last one got fried!) has different codes for on and off? Have you run into this before??

I can manually control the zones from the Rain8NetPro device (it has buttons for each zone), just not through HS3.

Thanks!

John

Bob, I did confirm the protocol is the same between the Std and Pro models. I don't seem to be getting a reply from the device, so even though it's receiving data, I think the device might be bad... So please ignore.
    Last edited by johnoc; May 17, 2014, 01:05 PM. Reason: Update

OK let me know what you find out
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Bob,

I was successful at using the demo application from the manufactures website, so the device is working, just not through the plugin. I've turned on debug logging but don't see anything unusual in the logs. Is there anything I can provide to help look into this? Is anyone else having issues??

Thanks!

John

Comment

Log a ticket on my site and supply a debug log zipped.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

I seem to be having the same problem...

Comment

I will hook up mine this week and do some testing and let you guys know. I am pretty sure I had it working but will know more this week
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Mine is now working. Went back into options and the COM port # was missing. However, when this was blank, the plugin said it opened the valve and that the zone was on, there were no errors.

This could be a problem for me. If a valve does not get turned on, I need to know because when a valve is turned on, a pump in my lake starts. If my lake pump starts and the sprinkler valve is not open it could burn up my lake pump. big $s!

Comment

I hear ya... I will put in some code to make sure a com port is there before trying to open the com port
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

It has stopped responding again. Ran a few valves and now, nada...

Comment

A few updates...

I seem to have it running pretty well. I reprogrammed both on my Rain8net units. Not sure if that made a difference, but I am able to turn valves on and off reliably.

I have noticed two problems that would be great to get fixed.

1. I turn valves on and off through events. After running through about 8 valves over a period of 6-7 hours, I will notice that the status indicator in HS for the device says that the valve is on, even though an event ran to turn the valve off and it is actually off. Out of 8 valves usually 2-3 will indicate that they are on when they are actually off.

2. Getting an error for a failed action would be great. In my HS2 setup I would get an error that no response was received from the rain8net when there was a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ccat View Post
                      A few updates...

I seem to have it running pretty well. I reprogrammed both on my Rain8net units. Not sure if that made a difference, but I am able to turn valves on and off reliably.

I have noticed two problems that would be great to get fixed.

1. I turn valves on and off through events. After running through about 8 valves over a period of 6-7 hours, I will notice that the status indicator in HS for the device says that the valve is on, even though an event ran to turn the valve off and it is actually off. Out of 8 valves usually 2-3 will indicate that they are on when they are actually off.

2. Getting an error for a failed action would be great. In my HS2 setup I would get an error that no response was received from the rain8net when there was a problem.
                      Put in a help desk ticket on my site and capture a debug log in the plugin of the issue if you can. That will help find the issue.
                      Attach the debug log zipped to the ticket
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X