Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade
    replied
    Can you log a ticket on my web site and turn on debug logging in the plugin and capture the issue, then disable debug logging and attach the BLRain8Net-Detailed.log file zipped to the ticket

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Calendar function for the BLRRain8Net Plugin

The new version of the Plug-in (1.0.11.0) is working fine with the Rain8Net Pro2. Thanks for the update.

For some reason the Calendar function (report that shows how all sprinklers or scheduled) has stopped working and in fact causes a critical error in the plugin when invoked, and then disables access to the plugin for any other function. In fact it disables ALL plugin (Manage Plugin) access for an extended period of time (10-15 seconds). The plugin seems to get reset after another HS3 plugin event occurs, and all Rain8Net plugin functions start working again. However the calendar function, when invoked again, creates the same cycle of critical errors and all other plugin accesses.

Below is a log ..

Oct-22 5:45:12 AM ZONE OFF Zone: - Sprinkler Master - Zone 5 is now Off
    Oct-22 5:45:07 AM ZONE ON Zone: - Sprinkler Expansion - Zone 1 is now Watering
    Oct-22 5:44:54 AM Warning Plugin BLRain8Net is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Oct-22 5:43:54 AM Warning Plugin BLRain8Net is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Oct-22 5:42:54 AM Warning Plugin BLRain8Net is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Oct-22 5:42:50 AM Error Getting plugin GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Oct-22 5:38:27 AM Error Getting plugin GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Rain8Net Plugin

Bob,

As requested .. a help desk ticket (0000838) was logged on your web site. Attached to the ticket is BLRain8Net-Detailed.log zipped file.

Thanks for you attention to this.

Cheers,

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill View Post
    I also get the same problem. I used scripting program Docklight to test and verify that the master and extender Rain8Net units are configured and working (determined that 9600 baud does not work with these units, 4800 baud works fine). When I use BLRain8Net, the first command works and the debugger shows acknowledge back. Further commands do not work and there appears to be no acknowledgment returned (or at least none is shown as received in the debugger)

All the protocol commands coming out of the plug-in appear to be correct and
    Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
    Sep-25 1:12:04 PM ZONE OFF Zone: - BLRain8Net master - Zone 1 is now Off ---- Manual action by user
    Sep-25 1:12:04 PM BLRain8Net Info Message Sent --> 40 01 41 --- Turn Off Zone
    Sep-25 1:11:42 PM ZONE ON Zone: - BLRain8Net master - Zone 1 is now Watering ---- Manual action by user
    Sep-25 1:11:42 PM BLRain8Net Info Message Rcvd --> 40 01 31
    Sep-25 1:11:42 PM BLRain8Net Info Message Sent --> 40 01 31 --- Turn On Zone
    Sep-25 1:11:27 PM BLRain8Net Info Rain8 Com Port (1) Open

All of the protocol commands coming from the plug-in appear to be correct; I verified them with the scripting program and they work correctly

This doesn't appear to be a major problem to fix, perhaps just some handshaking or verification logic in the plugin. Since this appears to be a problem that has been going on for awhile (according to the threads), is there any chance we can get this fixed soon?
    Can you capture me a debug log in the plugin of you sending some commands to the Rain8Net
    Do the following:

1. Shutdown HS3
    2. Edit hspi_BLRain8Net.ini and change debugLevel=true and save INI file
    3. Restart HS3
    4. Once started send some commands until you see the issue
    5. Turn off debug logging

Log a help desk ticket on my web site. Attach the BLRain8Net-Detailed.log zipped to the help desk ticket

Thx

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    I do not have my rain8net hooked up right now.
    I will try and test it out this weekend if I can avoid the house work

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    I also get the same problem. I used scripting program Docklight to test and verify that the master and extender Rain8Net units are configured and working (determined that 9600 baud does not work with these units, 4800 baud works fine). When I use BLRain8Net, the first command works and the debugger shows acknowledge back. Further commands do not work and there appears to be no acknowledgment returned (or at least none is shown as received in the debugger)

All the protocol commands coming out of the plug-in appear to be correct and
    Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
    Sep-25 1:12:04 PM ZONE OFF Zone: - BLRain8Net master - Zone 1 is now Off ---- Manual action by user
    Sep-25 1:12:04 PM BLRain8Net Info Message Sent --> 40 01 41 --- Turn Off Zone
    Sep-25 1:11:42 PM ZONE ON Zone: - BLRain8Net master - Zone 1 is now Watering ---- Manual action by user
    Sep-25 1:11:42 PM BLRain8Net Info Message Rcvd --> 40 01 31
    Sep-25 1:11:42 PM BLRain8Net Info Message Sent --> 40 01 31 --- Turn On Zone
    Sep-25 1:11:27 PM BLRain8Net Info Rain8 Com Port (1) Open

All of the protocol commands coming from the plug-in appear to be correct; I verified them with the scripting program and they work correctly

This doesn't appear to be a major problem to fix, perhaps just some handshaking or verification logic in the plugin. Since this appears to be a problem that has been going on for awhile (according to the threads), is there any chance we can get this fixed soon?

Leave a comment:

• Toby
    started a topic New user: problems getting Rain8Net Pro2 to work

New user: problems getting Rain8Net Pro2 to work

I'm trying out different plugins to control my Rain8NetPro2 controller.
    When using the BLRain8Net plugin I get no response from valves.

tracing on the serial port shows the command being sent but not acknowledged by the device. (the only acknowledged command is the first status command)
    Although when I send the same command using the serial port monitoring tool It works perfectly.

any idea on what could be the issue here?
    I'm using port settings 4800-N-8-1.

The debug log shows that no acknowledgment was received, although device status was changed:

mai-30 21:20:23 Info Plugin BLRain8Net with instance: has disconnected
    mai-30 21:20:20 Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: BLRain8Net
    mai-30 21:20:05 ZONE OFF Zone: - BLRain8Net Master - Zone 1 is now Off ---- Manual action by user
    mai-30 21:20:05 BLRain8Net Info Message Sent --> 40 01 41 --- Turn Off Zone
    mai-30 21:19:51 ZONE ON Zone: - BLRain8Net Master - Zone 1 is now Watering ---- Manual action by user
    mai-30 21:19:51 BLRain8Net Info Message Sent --> 40 01 31 --- Turn On Zone
    mai-30 21:19:38 BLRain8Net Info Message Rcvd --> 40 01 00
    mai-30 21:19:38 BLRain8Net Info Message Sent --> 40 01 F0 --- Request Status
    mai-30 21:19:36 BLRain8Net Info Rain8 Com Port (12) Open
    mai-30 21:19:34 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in BLRain8Net
    Attached Files
Working...
X