Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official LinkTap Plugin - No longer supported!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official LinkTap Plugin - No longer supported!

I just noticed that the plugin sub-forum was created and I wanted to share the news and publicity of the plugin. Please check out the LinkTap website and scroll towards the bottom where all of the integrations like Alexa and Google are and you will see this plugin and HomeSeer (macromark ) being proudly promoted by LinkTap.

Wireless water timer controlled via mobile phone/computer anywhere anytime. Featured with rain skip, real time push notifications, 2 years battery life, 2 times greater range than WiFi, 5 work modes and 2 minutes easy setup, LinkTap wireless water timers help people save money, reduce water usage, and provide a convenient way for gardeners around the world to find enjoyment in garden care.

I noticed the app doesn’t show a “Calendar” mode which exists on the TapLink app. Is this intentional?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckk9032 View Post
      I noticed the app doesn’t show a “Calendar” mode which exists on the TapLink app. Is this intentional?
      Yes. Not everything has been implemented as yet but will be reviewed for how/if it fits within the HS3 paradigm.

Comment

What’s your timing for added functionality? Also, I noticed 3.0.0.3 in the beta updates actually loads 3.0.0.2.

Comment

What’s your timing for added functionality? Also, I noticed 3.0.0.3 in the beta updates actually loads 3.0.0.2.
          I'll have to go back and see IF calendar support is presented via the API. If not I'll have to contact LinkTap to see if it's something they will add. If it's available then I can see how it can be incorporated into HS3. Not everything can be easily presented via the HS device model and not everything makes sense to do it that way.

Comment

chuckk9032

I went and checked and the current plugin supports all of the API's that LinkTap have available.

The LinkTap APIs are intended for users to integrate the LinkTap products with third-party Home Automation Systems. Currently there are 6 APIs available:
            • Activate Instant Mode for Watering ON and OFF
            • Activate Interval Mode
            • Activate Odd-Even Mode
            • Activate Seven Day Mode
            • Activate Month Mode
            • Get All Devices (Gateway and Taplinker)'s Info, e.g., online/offline status, device ID and name, remaining battery, wireless signal strength, current watering plan and watering status, etc.

Comment

OK, thanks for checking. I guess I'll need to use 7 day mode rather than calendar mode to get better functionality. What about the plug-in version number not installing?

Comment

OK, thanks for checking. I guess I'll need to use 7 day mode rather than calendar mode to get better functionality. What about the plug-in version number not installing?
                I'll have to check the version number issue. It's probably the Visual Studio build increment plugin not working correctly again so nothing to worry about but I'll have to manually update and push to fix it.

Comment

I downloaded the plugin and setup the API but i still do not see any devices in HS3

Comment

I am using HS4, just got my LinkTap stuff, set it up, asked their support for the API, very prompt reply with link put it in. I setup watering on their website, now here I see after clicking the same schedule:

Comment

Note that I have not verified any plugins on HS4 yet. It was my understanding the plugin dev had to specifically state a plugin is HS4 compatible (Which i haven't done), but all my plugins apparently can be installed in HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by ociriej View Post
                        I downloaded the plugin and setup the API but i still do not see any devices in HS3
                        Same here!

Comment

Is this plug-in still being worked on or even maintained?

Comment

Hi guys

I was looking to buy a linktap. Just wondering if the plugin is still working on hs3 and hs4. Also do you need we need the linktap hub ?

thx a lot

Comment

I just bought a Linktap and was hoping for a way to integrate with HS4, and come across this. Would be great if it is still working and maintained

Comment

Working...
                              X