Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon UVN800 UV sensor - can't get it to work with mcsSprinklers

Hi,

I have an Oregon UVN800 UV sensor that integrates with HS via Blade's BLRF plugin. The sensor works and populates a device in HS (images attached).

The device is set as address code O8. The wind, temperature and humidity sensors, also via BLRF, work in mcsSprinklers using similar address codes (see images attached).

I have the mcsSprinklers weather setup to use HS device O8 for the UV. But mcsSprinklers always gets the UV from WeatherUnderground. I can not get it to use my UV sensor....ever.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Is it an issue with the way BLRF reports the device string?

I am having a similar issue with my PCR800 rain sensor. But this is faulty now (water ingress onto the circuit board). So I will have to address that when the replacement arrives. In the meantime I am getting rainfall data from WU.

Thanks, Marty.

mcsSprinklers Version 2.17.0.4
    BLRF Version 2.0.89.0
    HS3 Version 3.0.0.297 (Windows)
    Attached Files
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

On the Weather Setup page there is a section for UV sensor source. Is there an option for HS device for the UV source? I am away and cannot check myself. If there is not then I can add it, but not until February.

Comment

Hi Michael,
      Yes there is a UV sensor source option. I have set it to the HS device code assigned to the sensor. But mcsSprinklers still gets the UV data from weather underground.
      Thanks M

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

unless these uv sensors hardly change values then i must consider my new one broken? rfxcom plugin saw it, i created the device + battery yet it refuses to change value!

if i force it to 4 it drops to 0 and stays on 0 regardless of sunshine! so unless it needs a REAL good blast of uv to trigger changes then mine is being packaged up

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
          unless these uv sensors hardly change values then i must consider my new one broken? rfxcom plugin saw it, i created the device + battery yet it refuses to change value!

if i force it to 4 it drops to 0 and stays on 0 regardless of sunshine! so unless it needs a REAL good blast of uv to trigger changes then mine is being packaged up
          The UV sensors do require quite a bit of direct sunlight in order to register a value. The UV Index scale goes from 0 (low) to 11 (extereme). To get even 1 or 2 a good amount of direct sunlight is required. Make sure nothing is casting shadows over the sensor, like other sensors mounted on the same pole.

When you say 'force it to 4' how are you doing that?

Are you getting any values on your Oregon Scientific Anywhere Weather Station software, if you have that?

I use the BLRF plugin which works with the UVN800 sensor, but not mcsSprinklers. mcsSprinklers won't pick up the value from the plugin device.

Comment

it sprang to life today! mr sunshine popped his headout a bit more than usual! and we hit 4 then it fluctuated all day which is great news!

when i say forced it i used the command for changing device value via script something like hs.devicevalue("i19",4)

its on here somewhere but it proved something was happening as the value changed! but now the sun has popped its head out we have life off!

Comment

Dean,
              Did you get this work with mcssprinklers? I have given up tyring to get my rain and UV sensor to integrate with mcsprinklers. Haven't had much support. So I am moving away from Rain8/mcssprinklers and am changing to Rachio and will get the Ultra rachio plugin.

Marty.

Comment

Working...
              X