HS devices duplication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS devices duplication

Mike, i get some duplicate devices sowing up after my mcs re-load. all my 13 zones show up correctly and then 7 zones just show up as Rain8 Unit and Valve numbers.... thoughts? can i delete those last devices?
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

set up zones

mike i have all my 13 zones on one area. runs the full program.
    what if i also wanted to add two more programs by running 6 zones on another area and 7 on another. can i assign zones to two areas so i can program times for the different areas to run?
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

You can achieve different run times by using the Program Page. You can only associate a zone to one Area, but you can specify up to 24 different start times for any given day on a area by area basis.

Comment

but i cant specify zones 1, 2 3 run at X time zones 4, 5 6 run at y time?

Comment

Put 1,2, 3 in Area 1. 4,5, 6 in Area 2. Put the schedule you want for Area 1 and 2 which will specify the start time for zone 1 and 4. You can use same or overlapping times and mcsSprinklers will schedule in sequence.

For example if you want all 6 zones run at 8 AM, 1,2,3 at 1 PM and 4,5, 6 at 10 PM then define two programs for each Area 1 and 2. Area 1 will be at 8 AM and 1 PM. Area 2 will be at 8 AM and 10 PM. This will run all 6 zones in sequence starting at 8 AM and only 3 at each of the other two times.

Comment

so if i want both areas to start at 8am, they will run in sequence... i wont have to do area 1 at 8am and area 2 at lets say 9am?

Comment

Mike, i get some duplicate devices showing up after my mcs re-load. all my 13 zones show up correctly and then 7 zones just show up as Rain8 Unit and Valve numbers.... thoughts? can i delete those last devices?
              Attached Files

Comment

Correct about using 8 for both areas to get zones to run in sequence. I suspect you can just delete the devices. If mcsSprinklers thinks it needs them it will recreate them. If that happens we can look deeper

Comment

Working...
                X