New Errors after Upgrade to 2.17.0.18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Errors after Upgrade to 2.17.0.18

Hi Michael, I'm now seeing these errors in the HS3 log when starting HS3 or enabling the plugin. after upgrading from 2.17.0.5 to .18. Also, HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERS.exe is now crashing when shutting down the plugin from within the Plugin Manager and when shutting down HS3. Things were fine before that. Thoughts?

I'm running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows) on Windows XP

Thanks in advance,
    Craig

Oct-31 3:27:38 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MCSSPRINKLERSP

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblfertigation ADD aR3Fertigation___I INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR3Fertigation___I

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblfertigation ADD aR2Fertigation___I INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR2Fertigation___I

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblfertigation ADD aR1Fertigation___I INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR1Fertigation___I

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE tblfertigation (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL ) Line 0 SQLite error table tblfertigation already exists

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblwater ADD aR3WaterFlow_____N INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR3WaterFlow_____N

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblwater ADD aR2WaterFlow_____N INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR2WaterFlow_____N

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblwater ADD aR1WaterFlow_____N INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR1WaterFlow_____N

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE tblwater (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL) Line 0 SQLite error table tblwater already exists

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE dR8 (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL, Discrete INT NULL ) Line 0 SQLite error table dR8 already exists

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE dR7 (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL, Discrete INT NULL ) Line 0 SQLite error table dR7 already exists

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE dR6 (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL, Discrete INT NULL ) Line 0 SQLite error table dR6 already exists

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE dR5 (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL, Discrete INT NULL ) Line 0 SQLite error table dR5 already exists

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE dR4 (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL, Discrete INT NULL ) Line 0 SQLite error table dR4 already exists

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblsprinklers ADD aR3MinutesCum____I INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR3MinutesCum____I

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblsprinklers ADD aR3Moisture______I INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR3Moisture______I

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE dR3 (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL, Discrete INT NULL ) Line 0 SQLite error table dR3 already exists

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblsprinklers ADD aR2MinutesCum____I INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR2MinutesCum____I

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblsprinklers ADD aR2Moisture______I INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR2Moisture______I

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE dR2 (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL, Discrete INT NULL ) Line 0 SQLite error table dR2 already exists

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblsprinklers ADD aR1MinutesCum____I INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR1MinutesCum____I

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand ALTER TABLE tblsprinklers ADD aR1Moisture______I INT NULL Line 0 SQLite error duplicate column name: aR1Moisture______I

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE dR1 (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL, Discrete INT NULL ) Line 0 SQLite error table dR1 already exists

Oct-31 3:27:34 PM mcsSprinklers ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE tblsprinklers(ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, SampleDate TEXT NOT NULL ) Line 0 SQLite error table tblsprinklers already exists

Oct-31 3:27:25 PM mcsSprinklers Version 2.17.0.18 | V2.17.0.18/2.17.0.18 (Professional) Copyright 2004-2017 mcsSolutions Registered with Homeseer

I suspect it has to do with the case of the table names. MySQL is case sensitive and tended to prefer lower case. Apparently SQLite is also case sensitive. Do you have browser so you can observe the table names in your database? The one I use is https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/releases. Look at the name of a table where your log reports it does not exist and see if it exists, but with a different case.

Comment

I opened the mcsSprinklers.db database with DB Browser for SQLite. The case of the table names in the table is the same as in the error. At first blush, it looks like the plugin is trying to create tables and add columns that already exist.

Comment

2.17.0.19 is being uploaded to updater and it should take care of the database issue with .18.

Comment

Thanks Michael. Looks like the updater is having trouble finding the file. I'll try a little later...

Nov-01 12:04:27 PM Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error

Nov-01 12:04:27 PM Updater Error downloading package HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe:The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Nov-01 12:04:27 PM Updater Downloading update: mcsSprinklersP

Comment

Hi Michael, I was able to update to 2.17.0.19. The errors with the database tables and fields went away. Thank you! But the plugin still crashes with a .NET 4 runtime error when manually disabling the plugin or when exiting HS3. Attached is a screenshot of the event entry from the WinXP Event Log if that helps. This began occurring after updating to 2.17.0.18. I've since run the .NET repair tool on my system to make sure there was nothing wrong with the framework, and it checkout OK. I'm running .NET 4.0.30319. Other than that, the plugin appears to be functioning fine.

Thanks,
            Craig
            Attached Files

Comment

Michael, the other error showing up in the log is as follows:

Nov-01 1:31:56 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MCSSPRINKLERSP

Nov-01 1:31:38 PM mcsSprinklers Version 2.17.0.19 | V2.17.0.19/2.17.0.19 (Professional) Copyright 2004-2017 mcsSolutions Registered with Homeseer

Nov-01 1:31:38 PM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of help. Plugin: Z-Wave Instance:

Nov-01 1:31:36 PM Info Plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:1514

This only occurs when starting HS3 with the mcsSprinklers plugin enabled or if I disable/re-enable it in the plugin management screen. Again, it only started happening after upgrading to 2.17.0.18.

If I reverse the order (e.g. shutdown the Z-Wave Interface and re-enable it with mcsSprinklers running) I get the same error but with MCSSPRINKLERS showing up as the target.

Nov-01 2:47:55 PM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of help. Plugin: MCSSPRINKLERSP Instance:

I'm running Z-Wave v3.0.1.130

None of the other plugins have this type of interaction. I considered that this interaction might be causing the mcsSprinklers plugin to crash on exit, so I disabled Z-wave. mcsSprinklers still crashes.

Thanks,
              Craig

Comment

I really do not know what to do about this. All of the mcsSprinklers functions and subroutines are encased in try/catch constructs so any .NET exception should be trapped. The event reported indicates that it was something that was not within such a construct to allow application management of exceptions. The usual exception handler is to report via HS log. As long as HS remains connected this reporting facility should be available.

I have run 2.18 on W10 and W7 but not on earlier OS such as XP. There have not been reports from others so this seems to be somewhat related to your specific environment.

I can add a shutdown trace to complement the startup trace that may give some hints how far mcsSprinklers gets in the shutdown. Dont know if knowing more would yield a solution.
                There has been much change from your prior 2.17 to 2.18 with migration to Linux compatibility so looking at how source changed just has too many variances.

Comment

Thanks Michael. Might just be an XP thing and perhaps another reason to upgrade to W7 or W10. In the meantime, can I replace the HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.EXE from 2.17.0.19 with the one from 2.17.0.5 without issues if I wanted to go backwards?

Thanks,
                  Craig

Comment

I suggest both the .exe and the .dll be replaced. There were some changes this year that affected both.

Comment

Thanks Michael, I setup a test environment on WIN7sp1 and was able to confirm that MCSSPRINKLERSP did not crash on exit on 2.17.0.19 where it did on my WinXP production machine. Going back to 2.17.0.5 (on WinXP) it did not crash, so I'll leave it there for now. I'd be more than happy to test in between those revisions to see where it starts happening if that would be of help to you. But I'd need the .exe and .dll for each version as I didn't save them when I did the incremental updates through the Updater.

Independent of platform (Win7 or WinXP), there appears to be an interaction between the ZWave plugin and the mcsSprinklers plugin that throws a warning into the log; which I referenced earlier in this post.

Beginning at ZWave v3.0.1.130, under both mcsSprinklers v2.0.17.5 and v2.0.17.19, I am seeing this warning when the mcsSprinklers plugin initializes:

Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of help. Plugin: Z-Wave Instance:

If I shut down the ZWave plugin and restart it with mcsSprinklers running, I get the same error message but referencing the MCSSPRINKLERSP instance.

This doesn't occur with ZWave v3.0.1.128 and below. Other than the warning message, both systems seem to be working fine. I'll take this to the ZWave thread but thought you might want to be aware.

Thanks!
                      Craig

Comment

Working...
                      X