Cumulus Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cumulus Alternative

I am moving my stand alone mcsSprinkler from an XP machine to a Odroid Linux machine. I have been running Cumulus to grab the data from my Davis Vantage Pro2 which has been running on the same XP machine. I use Jon00 Cumulus plug-in to get the data into HS3.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get the data from the Davis system to both my HS3 system and mcsSprinklers on the Linux box other than Cumulus. According to the Cumulus forum it's sounding like the Cumulus author might be dropping support for it soon which is why I am considering another alternative.

Originally posted by noopara View Post
    I am moving my stand alone mcsSprinkler from an XP machine to a Odroid Linux machine. I have been running Cumulus to grab the data from my Davis Vantage Pro2 which has been running on the same XP machine. I use Jon00 Cumulus plug-in to get the data into HS3.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get the data from the Davis system to both my HS3 system and mcsSprinklers on the Linux box other than Cumulus. According to the Cumulus forum it's sounding like the Cumulus author might be dropping support for it soon which is why I am considering another alternative.

Weather Display Features

Supports the following Weather Stations

Supports the most popular electronic weather stations including from Davis, Oregan Scientific, La Crosse, Texas Instruments, RainWise, Irox, Fine Offset, Acurite, Bloomsky, WeatherFlow and many more
    • Multi language support: German, Italian,Spanish, French, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian
    • For Win98/2000/ME/XP/VISTA/W7/W8/W8.1/W10 and NT4 , linux/Raspberry Pi,OSX

Comment

That sounds like it might solve the problem.

Does it output a csv file with all the Davis data? This is what is needed for mcsSprinklers.

-- greg

Comment

Found the answer...

on the Weather Display forum - the answer is yes it will create a csv file...
        https://www.weather-watch.com/smf/in...html#msg536099

Comment

If you are interested, in addition to Cumulus, I also have another script for Weather Display. Regardless of your selection, why cant you just get Cumulus/Weather Display to save to your Homeseer's html folder, then you can point to that as a web url to both mscSprinklers and my script.
          Jon

Comment

I have always maintained a stand alone mcsSprinkler system on a dedicated machine along with Cumulus. It's completely independent from HS3. Lately I have had some problems so I have decided to move it to a new machine and chose an Odroid HC1running ubuntu to host it. I found that you have the Weather Display plug-in so with that I hope to be able to grab the data from the Odroid for use in HS3 which is on a Win7 machine.

Comment

Working...
            X