No announcement yet.

Go control-- some issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is correct. If you are not comfortable with the flashing the firmware then it would be easier for me to send you one that has already been flashed and you would just pay for the replacement cost and shipping. What I have now is a PRO R2. Looks like Amazon is selling the PRO R2 for $31.49 and USPS priority shipping is under $10.

You do not need mcsSprinklers, but it does make it much easier for anybody that wants to use the Sonoff. You will also need to load Mosquitto software on some computer on your network. I use RPi, but any Linux or Windows computer can run it. It has low overhead so can be run along with other applications.

Comment

I ordered one of those on amazon and then I saw your message.. Oh well I guess I will give it a shot this weekend..

d
      Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      That is correct. If you are not comfortable with the flashing the firmware then it would be easier for me to send you one that has already been flashed and you would just pay for the replacement cost and shipping. What I have now is a PRO R2. Looks like Amazon is selling the PRO R2 for $31.49 and USPS priority shipping is under $10.

You do not need mcsSprinklers, but it does make it much easier for anybody that wants to use the Sonoff. You will also need to load Mosquitto software on some computer on your network. I use RPi, but any Linux or Windows computer can run it. It has low overhead so can be run along with other applications.

Comment

Thanks tried to send you message but it’s full
        Do you have any pictures of how you wired the sonoff 4 ch for irrigation. What about the power supply for this?

If I can’t figure out how to flash the sonoff 4 ch and connect to WiFi how do I purchase the one you have and I can send this back to amazon .

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post

Comment

Email is mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net. Include the shipping address.

wire it into power mains or it can accept a barrel connector for a DC wallwart. You can cut an extension cord or buy a 120VAC plug to make the mains connection.

each of the four relays has push connectors for common, normally open and normally closed. I made a short wire for each relay common and used a wire nut to connect them all together. Also included in the wire nut is one side of the 24VAC used to power the valves.

For each valve a wire will be connected to one side of the valve and connected to the Normally Open relay push connector. These are normally color coded in the harness. Just keep track of which wire goes to which relay. The Wiring page of mcsSprinklers will allow you to document this for permanent record.

The Normally Closed pin on the relays is not used.

The other wire from each valve is connected together and connected to the other wire from the 24VAC transformer.

Comment

Hmm I don’t think I have another wire from each valve. I only have the common and the wire from each valve.

Comment

Your other wire is the common. They were likely connected together at the valve end. That is how I do mine.

Comment

Working...
              X