Upgrade to MySQL 8 - Fail to start the interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to MySQL 8 - Fail to start the interface

Hi Michael, I upgrade MySQL to Mysql from 5.7 to MySQL 8. The tables and the query are there but I get the error in the interface :Warning: Failed to getting interfacestatus....
    this is what I get into the log. Sorry about the trouble.
    Dec-08 11:28:23 AM mcsSprinklers ExecuteScalar Select RunTime FROM tblstate WHERE DC='R4'The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Dec-08 11:28:23 AM mcsSprinklers ExecuteScalar Select RunTime FROM tblstate WHERE DC='R3'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
    Dec-08 11:28:17 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MCSSPRINKLERSP

Hi Michael,
    Anything else I can provide you to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
    Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Michael,
      Not typical of you not responding, perhaps you are working on it in the background. I'm saving historical values to these tables, I'm concern to lose this info.

Aldo

Comment

Correct I have not seen your post until now. I am subscribed to this forum, but no email is coming for notification from it.

The following from MySQL sites likely explains it, but it does imply that the old API should still be available when using MySQL 8. I can update the dll in the compile for 2019, but backward compatibility does need to tested so existing users are not impacted.

Code:
        Connector/NET is a fully-managed ADO.NET driver for MySQL.

MySQL Connector/NET 8.0 is compatible with all MySQL versions starting with MySQL 5.5. Additionally, MySQL Connector/NET 8.0 supports the new X DevAPI for development with MySQL Server 8.0.

Comment

I know, it sounded strange, I also posted in other forums but no responses. I think it is due of using tapatalk, I will use this forum from now on instead. I could test it in Mysql 8 and perhaps use that version until others are testing it with mysql 5. Right now the sprinkler system is off, I just want to collect info in MySQL to graph historical values, so a have it.

Thanks Michael,
          Aldo

Comment

This requires .NET 4.5.2 because that is what was use to compile the update mySQL connector. You may or may not have it already installed. From the attached the MySQL.data.dll files goes into to the \bin\mcsSprinklers folder and replaces the earlier versions that should already exist there. Suggest appropriate backup provisions are made. The other two files go into the HS root folder (e.g. c:\program files\Homeseer HS3). I did not receive any errors with simple testing with a Linux mySQL 5.6 being accessed by at Windows mcsSprinklers. So the backward compatibility look promising. Confirm the later MySQL also performs as expected.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Michael,
              thanks for the fast change. I put the files in the respective folders and I enabled the application. I got this error in the interface. WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from MCSSPRINKLERSP - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

While in the log, I got this:
              Dec-16 10:53:03 AM mcsSprinklers RegisterCallback2 Line Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.10.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
              Dec-16 10:53:03 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP ...
              Thank you,
              Aldo

Comment

Micheal, I noticed that I had mysql.data.dll in the root of HS3 as well, I delete it and now it works. I had to do additional testing but so far looks great. Should I move the file MySQL.data.dll from \bin\mcsSprinklers into the root of HS3 just in case others need to reference it?

Thanks again for allyour help,
                Aldo

Comment

It is intentional that the reference dll is in a mcsSprinklers-unique folder to avoid the issue of different plugins using different versions and stepping on each other. Do not put it in the root to avoid this issue.

Comment

You may have forgotten to attach the link or I don't not see here under tapatalk. Can you please re attach it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

This post was started when Aldo moved to the latest Oracle mySQL which was not compatible with prior versions. I updated mcsSprinklers to use the latest mySQL connector which is suppose to be backward compatible with prior mySQL database. This transition occurred at the start of the 2019 version of mcsSprinklers which is what is in the updater. The Updater does not remove files from hard drive so if there was an old mySQLdata.dll in the HS root folder then it needs to be manually removed so that the new one that is in the /bin/mcsSprinklers folder will be used.

I am not certain what "same problem" your are referencing. Hopefully the answer above addresses your question.

Comment

Working...
                      X