Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meteobridge w/mcsSprinklers

Michael,

I have replaced my existing setup of the Davis Instruments Weather Logger and Virtual Weather Station (vws) with the Meteobridge solution. I have been unable to determine how to best supply mcsSprinklers with the six local data weather measurements.

I have placed the following in the "CSV/XML File Path/URL 1" field:
    http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/template.cgi?template=[th0temp-act=F],[th0hum-act],[wind0wind-act=mph],[rain0total-daysum=in],[uv0index-act],[sol0rad-act]

with "Use Entire File" selected and "Delimited Layout with Delimiter" set to "," (comma).

The following is the response to the above URL request when used with a browser:

Each of the respective weather sensor sources are set; Temp, Humidity, Wind, Rain, UV, and Solar Radiation (1-6).

Is my interpretation of how to use the URL to retrieve a single line response incorrect? Would returning an XML file be easier/better? Are the numeric values in a format which is not understood?

Thanks!

- Jeff

The Meteobridge template variables and conversions are available here:
    https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Templates

While not obvious the first record rather than entire file should be used. If entire file then it assume a keyword/XML format. Also make certain the radio is selected for delimiter as both the radio and text box with comma are needed.

Comment

Michael,

Thanks for the quick follow-up! I made the change to use the first record rather than the entire file and also had to change the URL on my end to use "/public/" instead of "/cgi-bin/" which now results in mcsSprinklers properly pulling and parsing the values. Still need to verify the values are correct but the temperature and humidity are being properly parsed at this time.

Thanks!

- Jeff

Comment

Hello Jon/Jeff
        I am upgrading to V4 and looking at adding some more information to my system
        I currently have a Davis System with the MeteoBridge interface
        does the package integrate (Easlily) and do you have any screen shots
        ideal end would be to display the data from center, and control the sprinkler system

What Hardware in/out does it support ?

Thanks
        Geary
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Don't know if Jeff is listening. Several of the Davis interfaces, including Metrobiidge, export CSV or fixed column formats to a data file. mcsSprinklers imports the file when it does its update of weather data. There is a setup in mcsSprinklers where the file is located and what position each used sensor is identified. An example is shown below.

Note also that mcsSprinklers can directly talk with the Davis that has IP data logger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	190
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1369193

Comment

thanks
            Geary
            Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Working...
            X