No announcement yet.

InitEtherRain Conversion from string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael, I just now went out to WUG, logged in and was able to generate a new API key. I do have a paid subscription through March 2020, but that WAS to eliminate the advertising on my WUG page (I believe). In any case, my old key was 16 characters and my new AP key is 32 characters and I believe (but do not know for sure) that it is good for a 5 day forecast. However, it looks like your text box for entering the WUG API Key is 19 characters so I assume you do not support these new keys. Can you give me so insight into what you know about WUG's forecast services and these new keys?

Thanks
    Gary

I stand corrected (again ). I just looked at the mcsSprinklers.ini and the full 32 character key is shown there./gary

Comment

Oh well, thought I would give it a shot. I decided to give the WU forecast a shot to see what happens. After updating my WU API Key, I selected WU for the forecast and did a download evaluation:

Mar-26 3:18:11 PM email Email successfully sent to xxxxx
      Mar-26 3:18:10 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Forecast Download Error:type": "keynotfound"
      Mar-26 3:18:20 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page weather: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
      Back to OWM now.

Gary

Comment

Have you applied for your license from IBM?

I am working on the API updates now. MR_Resistor has volunteered to help with testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          Have you applied for your license from IBM?
          No, I haven't (yet) found that requirement. Can you share a URL where I can go do that?

Thanks
          Gary

Comment

I have not pursued the license for myself. Here is a starting link https://apicommunity.wunderground.co...nderground-api

Comment

Working...
            X