Email Notifications...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Notifications...

Michael, in using the latest versions of mcsSprinklers I have been getting more email notifications than in the past. Now, it seems every time a scheduled zone kicks off I get an email notification. In the past, I believe, I only received one when something went wrong. Is there a place where I can further customize which notification types I receive?

Thanks
    Gary

Current Date/Time: 4/3/2019 12:22:45 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 12 Hours 17 Minutes 24 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.83
    Number of Devices: 269
    Number of Events: 97
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: asustek computer inc.
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.59.0: BLBackup
    2.0.66.0: BLOnkyo
    1.0.4.0: BLShutdown
    2.19.1.0: MCSSPRINKLERSP
    30.0.0.38: RFXCOM
    3.0.6551.16959: UltraGCIR3
    3.0.0.40: X10
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Michael, any feedback why the email notifications have changed? I am getting several per day, looks like I am going to have to turn them off altogether.

Gary
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uc?id=1P6vRob-DQTAWI0SqivIecy2v0ZAXKkWC.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1297296

Comment

sorry I missed the first post. Nothing intentional was done related to notification level. I will scrub the code to assure consistency in email reporting.

Comment

Attached is a copy of an email I reference, if it helps any. In this case notifying me that a valve in one of my drip zones is off. If you see anything I have set wrong let me know please.

Thanks
        Gary
        Attached Files

Comment

I completed my review and made some changes that are in 2.19.2.1 http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...19_2_1_HS3.zip
          If you still have a problem then provide the specific message that is being delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            I completed my review and made some changes that are in 2.19.2.1 http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...19_2_1_HS3.zip
            If you still have a problem then provide the specific message that is being delivered.
            Thanks Michael. I installed it and will let you know how it goes. I noticed this zip appears to be a complete build. What is the proper way to install these? In this case, I shutdown mcsSprinklers and just moved the dll over to the HS main directory.

Also, as a test, I did switch my weather over to use WUG with the API key they gave me recently. No log messages yet.

Thanks
            Gary

Nope, WUG didnt work for me.
            Apr-06 11:09:02 AM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound"
            Maybe later.

Comment

For WUG there is the URL and file downloaded with that URL in the \Data\mcsSprinklers folder. I think index 1 is forecast and 2 for current. You can play with the URL with a browser. The error reported by mcsSprinklers is parsed from the download. The updates I made are based on https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs

For update the minimum is mcsSprinklers_2009.dll. If you want HS to show same version then the HSPI_...exe should also be copied.

Comment

Yeah, my (new) API key doesn't work there. From reading their BB posts, it looks like free WUG is history. Plus, the rumored prices for IBM subscriptions seem to be on the outrageous side. If I cant get free forecasts from WUG any longer, I am not sure why I would want to provide them my weather station data for free, just so they can sell it to others for a fee??

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
                  Yeah, my (new) API key doesn't work there. From reading their BB posts, it looks like free WUG is history. Plus, the rumored prices for IBM subscriptions seem to be on the outrageous side. If I cant get free forecasts from WUG any longer, I am not sure why I would want to provide them my weather station data for free, just so they can sell it to others for a fee??

Gary
                  The 5-day forecast data is still free if you are uploading data to them. However it is a new API, so your key won't work with the old API anymore. Some code has been posted here that shows how to access data from the new API: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...the-new-wu-api. I've been using that code in a script and it is working fine with same key as I use for my uploads.
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

The 5-day forecast data is still free if you are uploading data to them. However it is a new API, so your key won't work with the old API anymore. Some code has been posted here that shows how to access data from the new API: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...the-new-wu-api. I've been using that code in a script and it is working fine with same key as I use for my uploads.
                    Thanks for the pointer to that code Sparkman, I may go that route. Nice to have it in my hip pocket in any case. Yeah, I have the new API key that provides that forecast, but the WUG support that Michael is providing seems to require a different (commercial?) key. Since the only reason I want/need the forecast is for mcsSprinklers to use for watering decisions, at this point, I am not sure it is worth the effort to integrate the script values over continuing to use OWM. (?) In the long run it is hard to say which service is going to be most viable. I assume the WUG may be more accurate but who knows?

Michael, if the forecast devices are updated external to mcsSprinklers, do you use those values in your forecast analysis?

Thanks
                    Gary

Comment

Here are the two URLs. The first from the script. The second from mcsSprinklers/IBM. mcsSprinklers could use lat/lon here too as it does it with other providers. The problem was with your api key not working per IBM syntax. Parsing is likely the same either way. Try the first URL in a browser with your key and if it works I will integrate into mcsSprinklers. If you get this far then try to change URL from forecast to conditions to see if current conditions could also be provided.

[code
                      "https://api.weather.com/v3/wx/forecast/daily/5day?geocode=your_latitude,your_longitude&units=e&language=e n-US&format=json&apiKey=your_key"

"http : // api.wunderground.com / api / your_key / forecast10day / q / your_zip . json"
                      "http : // api.wunderground.com / api / you_key / conditions / q / your_station . json"

[/code]

It seems this forecast is from weather.com and not weatherunderground. Are they both owned by IBM now?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                        It seems this forecast is from weather.com and not weatherunderground. Are they both owned by IBM now?

Click image for larger version

Name:	twc-logo-lockup.png
Views:	123
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1297842
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes, the first URL works fine with my API Key. For me, it produces the same weather forecast as:
                          https://api.weather.com/v3/wx/foreca...day?postalKey=MyZipCode:US&units=e&language=en-US&format=json&apiKey=

Not sure why but when I tried it with conditions instead of forecast I got:
                          Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://api.weather.com/v3/wx/conditions/daily/5day?" on this server.

Reference #18.e37d517.1554758107.14d0317e

I attached a copy of the json forecast.

Gary
                          Attached Files

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that IBM did not buy the media portion of Weather.com (i.e. the Weather Channel), just the data portion and they have an agreement to supply weather data to the Weather Channel. But I may have that all wrong.

Gary

Comment

The json encoding is totally different than that used by WU, but that part is trivial to parse.

It has six entries for a 5 day forecast. To be consistent with other providers I will use current day + 4 in the future for the forecast period.

What I do not have is the set of icons used for conditions (cloudy, sunny, etc) Do you know where the set can be viewed? I need to map these into the icon indexes used by mcsSprinklers.

Comment

Working...
                              X