Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecast Rain percentuale issue

Hi Michael,
    I do not see any values in the forecast rain, is it due to my provider?

Thanks,
    Aldo
    Attached Files

I tried at my location with the Evaluate Download button. It shows a reasonable rainfall percentage. APIXU uses the Lat/Lon coordinates to get data. HS has their coordinates in the wrong hemisphere so if your longitude is positive you are in China and perhaps no rainfall there for the next five days. The mcsSprinklers Lat/Lon is entered on the top of the Weather Setup page. It should be a positive Lat and negative Lon for USA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	216
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1305458

Comment

Michael, thanks for your fast reply, please see attachments. The rain shows on the weather download test but not on the devices.

Thanks,
      Aldo
      Attached Files

Comment

It was showing the forecast rain, but expecting a percentage and APIXU was reporting forecast amount. You had less than 1 inch forecast. This is similar to a couple other providers so I took care of APIXU in 2.19.4.7 so it works in inches X 100 rather than a percent on the display. I will submit to updater.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          It was showing the forecast rain, but expecting a percentage and APIXU was reporting forecast amount. You had less than 1 inch forecast. This is similar to a couple other providers so I took care of APIXU in 2.19.4.7 so it works in inches X 100 rather than a percent on the display. I will submit to updater.
          Thanks Michael

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Michael,

I have an issue that seems related to the OP. My forecast data appears to be correct, however the HS devices do not indicate any forecast data.I'm running 2.19.4.8

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (4).png
Views:	183
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	1306852

Comment

Have you been running for at least 45 minutes since installing 2.19.4.8? None of your devices have been updated yet. I see you download of PWS, but do you have the individual sensors selected to come from a PWS source?

Comment

Hi Michael,
                Thanks for the quick response!

Now I have at least an hour since the update. I have had the issue since installation - I just updated from .7 to .8 to check to see if that would help. The forecast devices never seem to update - they show the time/date of the last reboot/startup and never update from there. Although the S87 device shows forecast updates, this doesn't match with the timestamp on the weather site download check. The forecast devices were set to PWS (see image below).

I enabled debugging and see these lines of interest:

Code:
                019-05-23 12:07:18 PM 636942100386048751 | mcsSprinklers Debug | Links=
                2019-05-23 12:07:18 PM 636942100386828752 | mcsSprinklers Debug | Links=
                2019-05-23 12:07:18 PM 636942100387028752 | mcsSprinklers Debug | DeviceValue S89=100
                2019-05-23 12:07:18 PM 636942100387078748 | mcsSprinklers Debug | SendXapBSC S89 rtbXapBSC=False, ContainsKey=True
                2019-05-23 12:07:18 PM 636942100387088744 | mcsSprinklers Debug |[B] No internet data returned from TWC Forecast site[/B] https://api.weather.com/v3/wx/forecast/daily/5day?geocode=4X.80,-12X.61&units=e&language=en-US&format=json&apiKey=**API-KEY-REMOVED**
                2019-05-23 12:07:18 PM 636942100387088744 | mcsSprinklers Debug | TWCJson Data=
                2019-05-23 12:07:18 PM 636942100387088744 | mcsSprinklers Debug | GetPWSWeather DownloadCount=5, DownloadDeviceOn=True
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (6).png Views:	0 Size:	258.1 KB ID:	1306879

Comment

I believe you will find the issue to be zip code which I suspect you have not entered since you are not USA. Either enter some dummy zip code or use http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...19_4_9_HS3.zip. My upload is slow so do act immediately if you are going to upgrade.

Comment

Thanks Michael! Fixed and working now using 2.19.4.9!

Comment

Does Open Weather Map offer forecast rain? I don't see anything in this regards. Should I configure for APIXU instead?
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I use OWM and it does provide forecast rain for my location. Do you not get data when doing Evaluate Internet Download from Selected Stations and OWM was selected as your forecast provider?

Comment

Yes, I get data but forecast rain is all zeros. Interesting, in the OP the forecast is noted as "Forecast Rain Percentage" while I only have "Forecast Rain" in both the device management page and "General Status" page.
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

When I look under the hood I see OWM provides forecast for rainfall in three hour increments and I have been only using one rather than the sum of all eight for a given day.

Comment

Do you want to try my coordinates? Lat:45.27 Long:75.75

Yet according to Environment Canada - Thursday: Cloudy. Periods of rain beginning this morning. High 22. UV index 3 or moderate.
                              Rain 0; 0; 0; 0; 0

Comment

Working...
                              X