No announcement yet.

EtherRain MCS Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The debug show syringing cycle is running for the three minutes that is setup in the Zone Setup page.. The Site setup has Syringing triggered by ET and a delay of L120 minutes before the next trigger. L120 is not a valid number so there is no delay and Syringing will start again. Since ET is cumulative over the day it will not go lower until the next day so the only protection from it not repeating s the delay value entered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	148
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1329299

If it is raining and your soil moisture does not account for it then you need to look at the rain sensor. OWM only reports rain for non-zero values that have occurred over the last one or three hours. Not all OWM locations report any rainfall and I suspect that is the case in your situation. I suggest that current conditions be obtained from WeatherStack and let OWM be used for the forecast. The manual has the Weatherstack signup info. Weatherstack replaced APIXU which is going offline next month.

Soil moisture devices were created for you per post 75 in this thread. With http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...9_12_0_HS3.zip I put 0% and 100% controls on them to give the same functionality that exists with checkboxes on Zone Status page. I really do not think you need them once you get the rain sensor pointing to a place that actually reports rainfall.

Comment

OK, I fixed my L120 issue, and installed the proper version and have the Moisture devices now. I signed up for WeatherStack and have that set up as well. Does WeatherStack have UV? Or just stick with EPA for UV?

Comment

Do the evaluate weather download from weather setup page and see if UV reports. I have not seen UV with same issues as rainfall. Do the evaluation during daytime when a non-zero UV is expected. EPA is a good source. Originally they provided only next day max forecast, but now it is hourly for current day.

Comment

I ran a manual today, and it did not do the Round Robin cycling but just ran straight through whatever time was programmed. Also, i'm not sure Weather Stack is operating correctly. I've been getting texts saying it hasn't received data in over an hour, and then a while longer it'll say it has received weather data etc. I was thinking i'm polling too often or something, but when I did a download test, there's only a time for weather stack, and it says 10:51PM. The UV says 8, so i'm not sure what's going on with it. Then it's ten till 6, and the sun is still out and the EPA has the UV as 1, so i'm not sure that's correct either see attached.

(Weather has not been received for 60 minutes) 9/28/2019 2:33:15 PM | Startup 200
          9/28/2019 2:33:15 PM | Startup 240
          9/28/2019 2:33:15 PM | Startup 260
          9/28/2019
          (Weather updates have resumed)
          9/28/2019 2:33:15 PM | Startup 200
          9/28/2019 2:33:15 PM | Startup 240
          9/28/2019 2:33:15 PM | Startup 260
          9/28/2019 2:33:15 PM | Sta
          Attached Files

Comment

the /data/mcsSprinklers folder contains the most recent downloads as .txt files. These are the files mcsSprinklers uses to get the weather data. There are also URL files that contain the URL that made the request. UV at 6 pm should be pretty low. Perhaps WS is reporting max and not hourly. I just assumed it was hourly. I will need to take a look at what I am getting for evening reports.

If you look at the Weatherstack license you will see that the daily limit equates to about once per hour. For other current conditions providers it is not as strict. When I reduced the frequency of WS downloads I should have also increased the monitor time. That miss is likely what you are seeing with the notifications.

Manual cycles do not do round robin. Same with Syringing that is managed as a manual cycle.

Comment

I looked at my mcsSprinklers calendar for UV and Weatherstack and see that UV persists at daily high levels to 6 PM if their is no cloud cover. Cloudy days have a sharper decline. It does show that UV is updated hourly. I cannot speak to the accuracy of the data being downloaded from any site.

Comment

I went to the Data folder, but I didn't really know what I was looking at. I guess the question on the texts I'm getting, why are they dated 09/28/19? It appears something's hung up. I just looked, and I am getting WS Data, now the time says 02:31AM, it must be GMT time or something.

If there wouldn't be too much trouble, maybe a future update could reconcile a manual run of greater than 10 mins or so to do the round robin and allow for soak time.

Comment

I looked at the monitoring and recognize that the timeout times are a user input at the top of the Weather setup page. For WeatherStack I would suggest something similar to the Forecast timeout of 120 minutes.

In http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...9_13_0_HS3.zip I added the Auto button to the Area and Site status devices. This will perform per the Auto rules and times but ignore restrictions that prevent an Auto cycle from otherwise happening. I believe this is what you need based upon how you are trying to use Manual mode. Manual mode is really setup to be more like a test mode or very selective.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	100
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1330359

I am confused by the following. Are you asking a question or are you indicating that updates are happening? The time is likely GMT, but mcsSprinklers only uses it to distinguish an update from the prior so any change in time will have the same effect.
                  I guess the question on the texts I'm getting, why are they dated 09/28/19? It appears something's hung up. I just looked, and I am getting WS Data, now the time says 02:31AM, it must be GMT time or something.

Comment

I changed the timeout time to 120 mins, and I haven't received any text message errors since. I have a Site Status device, but I can't find an Area Status button, is this the same device?

Comment

S45 to S52 are the Area status devices. S53 is the site status.

Comment

Working...
                      X