Inhibits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inhibits

In the documentation, the inhibit time goes from something like 20-24, and the 0-5... My understanding of the means not after 8 PM and not before 5 AM.

I set up something like that. I want to not allow watering to start after 3PM and start at 5 AM.

So I had 15-24, and 0-5.

Low and behold- the thing kicked off at midnight exactly. I let everything "finish", once started-- so it ran the full cycle. See log below.

I changed the inhibit from 15-5. Is this a better way....
    Jun-02 12:05:11 AM Z-Wave Device: First Front Hall Temperature Set to 70.88 (F)
    Jun-02 12:00:00 AM Device Control Device: Basement Water Closet Sprinker Controller Valve to Valve 1 On for 20 min (5121) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jun-01 11:55:08 PM Z-Wave Device: Basement Game Room Temperature Set to 69.62 (F)
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

The times are specified with colon and not hyphen to separate hour from minute. 15:24 and 0:5. A single entry of 15:0:5 is equivalent. The inhibit is done on the site page to apply to all zones or on the Area page to apply to a specific set of zones.

Comment

I don't understand. I set up the inhibits in the GUI. Not the files.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Using your example it means that it will water between 15:01 until 4:59.(when it's not inhibited). I use a bit more granular approach and have my inhibits specified per area. (Area setup). This allows me to control the watering more carefully since I'm on a well.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Using your example it means that it will water between 15:01 until 4:59.(when it's not inhibited). I use a bit more granular approach and have my inhibits specified per area. (Area setup). This allows me to control the watering more carefully since I'm on a well.

Robert
          It says "Don't water" between these hours. So it waters between 5 AM and 3 PM.

Before, I had
          0 5
          15. 24

I thought that was the same thing, but it came on at midnight.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

My mistake. You're right - that's the site setup which I have never used as I have three areas and my well can't provide enough water to water them all at the same time. This is why my ihibits are per area. In there, my inhibits define when not to water. Might be a bug then...
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

If you want to specify hour and minute a colon is used to separate the minutes from the hours. I had interpreted your first post as trying to use a hyphen to separate the hours and minutes. Sorry, that was my lack of attention. If you are having scheduling issues then make certain debug on the bottom of Other Page is enabled so there is a history for analysis. As confidence is gained that everything is working as expected then debug can be disabled. The picture posted in #3 looks correct to allow only morning irrigation. When I do set mine up I use 15:00 and 05:00 nomenclature, but using only hours should work too.

Comment

Ok, one more question on Inhibits. I Have my watering schedule allowed to start at 5 AM and end at 3 PM and it will finish up if it has started.

So I set the site "don't water between" and that is great.

I would like to have the syringing option go later in the day. Say till 6 PM or sun down.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I am pretty certain that syringing is considered a manual control so the only inhibit that would come into play is the seasonal shutdown.

Comment

Confirmed. Sitting on the back deck and they came on.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Working...
                    X