Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifications

What’s the easiest way to setup an event that’s sends a notification if mcssprinklers doesn’t run the program due to rain? I have the plugin paired with my etherrain.

There currently is no way, outside of scripting, to provide this conditional notification. You can trigger on the Site Rain inhibit device but it can trigger even if a zone was not scheduled to run.

There does exist a set of devices that can be created from the Homeseer section of the Other page called predict devices. Currently only the DeviceString is used in this set of devices. I can use the DeviceValue for the case when the predict time is current time, but the zone is not running and put in the device value a number that represents the reason the zone is not running. Would this satisfy your need?

Comment

No worries. I was just curious if there was an easy way. Maybe I'll create an event that checks rain inhibit a minute before my program is going to run and see how that works.

Comment

I went ahead and implemented it. It adds a text box to the Other Page, Homeseer Options next to the Predict Devices checkbox. When these devices are updated it will include the run status and inhibit reasons. Multiple reasons can be active so a mask can be applied to only select those of interest. Available at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...0_0_19_HS3.zip

Excerpts from the manual ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1391539

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1391540

Comment

Sweet thanks. I'll update In a bit.
          Just realized I've never updated a plugin manually on a windows hs4. Off to read how to do that..

Comment

An update facility is contained on the Other Page, but designed for standalone version so has issues or stopping and starting the pluign under HS. The process that I know works is to stop the plugin from HS. Extract HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe and mcsSprinklers_2009.dll to replace the files in HS folder. Start plugin from HS. Good ides to backup the files that you overwrite so you can get back to starting point if something does not go right.

Comment

Sorry to intrude on your post.

Thanks Michael, I was looking into this feature for long time, I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                An update facility is contained on the Other Page, but designed for standalone version so has issues or stopping and starting the pluign under HS. The process that I know works is to stop the plugin from HS. Extract HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe and mcsSprinklers_2009.dll to replace the files in HS folder. Start plugin from HS. Good ides to backup the files that you overwrite so you can get back to starting point if something does not go right.
                Thanks.. This worked

Comment

Michael, it this only for standalone or also for professional?

Comment

I updated it fine. If I understand it correctly, I would have new devices created by the plugin but I do not see any.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The feature is only available for Homeseer. The device created are in the S1xx range viewable from HS Device Management or other UI's that show the HS devices. If I recall correctly you were the one that asked for this feature last year to support your touch UI. What has been added now is that the DeviceValue contains additional information. A mask was added so you can decide which part of this additional information is of interest. If you only want to if the zone is running or not then the mask is set to 1. If you want to know if a specific inhibit is keeping it from running the select the mask that corresponds to the inhibit of interest. Site Rain inhibit is what was shown in the example.

Comment

You have an incredible memory. So in your example, the only thing that will show is site incomplete? Do I have it right?

Comment

I do not think you have it correct.

If you generate Predict devices then there will be a set in the code range 100 to 199. Your predict device for your first zone then the DeviceValue will contain 28 bits of information. 26 of the bits will indicate the inhibit that is preventing the zone from running. One bit will indicate if it is running or not. One bit is not used at this time. If you want to generate a HS Event based upon a Zone should be running, but is not running because of a Rain inhibit then you will set the new text box field to isolate the rain inhibit bit which is bit 9. Your event trigger will then be when the predict device value is not zero or could be that the device value is in binary 10 0000 0000 or 512 decimal.

If you are interested in the inhibit being either a Area rain inhibit or a site day or week inhibit then the mask would be 10 0000 1000 and the event trigger would be a non zero value for this device.

Comment

Working...
                          X