Ambient weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambient weather

So I just installed an Ambient Weather weather station (1550) and the HS plugin. I am wondering about importing those device directly..

Are the units the same?

For example, I can simply import the solar radiation number as it stands (W/m^2).

Is the UV Index number the same?

Is "Solar" the same as Illuminance?

WInd speed in MPH is the default I assume?

See images...

Thanks,
    Mike

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1395364
    Attached Files
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Solar Radiation is the best units for ET as the most data is published based upon this measurement of sun. Once ET becomes "Computed from Radiation" then the UV no longer matters so whatever scale is used by Ambient will not affect the ET calculation. In any case it is likely the same scale. I think 0 to 12 is the range.

Solar is the same story. Solar is the difference in temperature between shade and direct sun. I doubt if Ambient has such a measurement.

Wind is MPH

Rain is inches. Best to use the daily totals as that will then be a direct map to mcsSprinklers. If you use hourly the mcsSprinklers needs to sum. If you use total then mcsSprinklers needs to look at delta since midnight.

Humidity is %

Temperature is F

There is an equivalent set of metric units if settings select metric.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Solar Radiation is the best units for ET as the most data is published based upon this measurement of sun. Once ET becomes "Computed from Radiation" then the UV no longer matters so whatever scale is used by Ambient will not affect the ET calculation. In any case it is likely the same scale. I think 0 to 12 is the range.

Solar is the same story. Solar is the difference in temperature between shade and direct sun. I doubt if Ambient has such a measurement.

Wind is MPH

Rain is inches. Best to use the daily totals as that will then be a direct map to mcsSprinklers. If you use hourly the mcsSprinklers needs to sum. If you use total then mcsSprinklers needs to look at delta since midnight.

Humidity is %

Temperature is F

There is an equivalent set of metric units if settings select metric.
      Mine same about 800 Watts per square meter for solar radiation. I have to imagine that is pretty standard?
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

It goes from 0 to around 1500 so 800 seems like a reasonable value.

Comment

Working...
        X