Manual Stop and MQTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Stop and MQTT

I have a stand alone installation linked to HS with MQTT. I selected the Manual Stop function along with the individual valve controls in the MQTT input. It appears to have been accepted, creating ON and OFF buttons. Changing the state in Sprinklers is immediately reflected in HS, but the buttons associated with the HS device do not have any effect on either the HS device or in Sprinklers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ManStop.png
Views:	90
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1399544

The topic line was auto created, but I note that it is not the same as the valve control topics. Is there something else I need to do?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Let me look into it. Happy hour is just around the corner so may not be until tomorrow.

Comment

I looked in the manual to refresh my memory. In 4.2.7.2 MQTT is the following
      Code:
      [FONT=Times New Roman]mcsSprinklers will publish changes in any of its devices on the three properties of state, value and string. To reduce verbosity a filter is setup as shown on Figure 36. Only those devices with checkboxes checked will be published. In the Figure 36 example only zone R17 will publish changes of its ON/OFF state. The topic in this example will be of format “ComputerName/mcsSprinklers/e1/state” and the message payload will be either “ON” or “OFF”. [COLOR=#c0392b]If commanding a zone to turn on and off remotely via MQTT then the topic will have a “/cmnd” inserted before the “/state” part of the topic. (e.g. “ComputerName/mcsSprinklers/e1/cmnd/state”[/COLOR]).[/FONT]
      I then setup a test and confirmed that it was working as expected. I used HS Device page buttons to control a relay via MQTT/mcsSprinklers

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	73
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1400060

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1400061

Comment

Yes, it's working for my zone relays. It's not working for the manual stop control, which seems to be different somehow.
        Do I just need to change the topic to look like the relay topics? [V470t/mcsSprinklers/state/cmnd/ManualStop]
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Sorry about that. I see that the remote control is setup to control the Zone Status page buttons (e.g. Stop All), but the MQTT interface in mcsSprinklers does not expose these. The converse is also true. I need to figure out the best way to get it so it makes sense (and works).

Comment

Thank you. Didn't mean to cause trouble.

Comment

I did see the omission of Manual Stop from MQTT control and added it in 2.30.0.25. Available at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...0_0_25_HS3.zip or through the Other Page update facility.

The other remote control buttons to remotely control the Sprinkler Status buttons is setup on the Remote and not the xAP/MQTT Page. In that case the subscribe topic from mcsSprinklers is entered using whatever topic desired. If used from mcsMQTT then the topic needs to be manually added on the Edit tab as mcsSprinklers provides no status for these. If this is done then the subscribe topic in mcsMQTT can be anything as a placeholder, or alternately use an existing HS device for the association.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                I did see the omission of Manual Stop from MQTT control and added it in 2.30.0.25. Available at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...0_0_25_HS3.zip or through the Other Page update facility.
                Thank you. (I assume the '30' in the version number is a typo.)

Comment

Correct. It will not be that version for another 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                  X