Evaporation Calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evaporation Calculations

I'm not sure my evaporation calculations are functioning properly. When I run the weather download test, there's nothing in the EPA Column, but the only thing coming from EPA should be UV, but there's nothing there. Resolution was to change the UV source to WS. I haven't made any changes from last season, and I think the UV was working last year, so what happened to the EPA UV? I have calculations now, that fixed the issue.

I believe the recommendation is to try to use Solar Radiation instead of UV. I have a weather station and use that-- but weather underground has some stations with it.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I will have to look at the EPA site. Solar Radiation has more data to support ET calc, but usually it is not available so Solar or UV is a reasonable alternate. Some sites that provide UV give the forecast max. Some provide hourly. mcsSprinklers tries to accommodate whatever is available.

Comment

Where do you get Solar Radiation input? I have a Weatherflow Tempest on order, and it has UV and Solar Radiation, so I just have to slum it a little longer. It’s going to solve my rain detection issues as well.

Never mind, I re-read your post, you have a weather station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I received and installed the tempest, and now I have solar data. The run log says nothing ran today. It was pretty hot, so I assume the syringe should have ran at least. In trying to figure out if the syringe should have ran, I noticed there's no good way to view the Hourly ETx100 history. So I was thinking.. Maybe, however you have the soil moisture graph on the Zones Status Page, you could put a larger Hourly ETx100 graph between the Master Controls, and the Zones Status area on the Zones Status Page. Maybe even a trend line representing the Syringe Input box. Thoughts?

Comment

You can view the hourly ET from the General Status, Daily ET Calendar, Date clicks.
            Assure Weather Setup has ET calculation from Solar Radiation and you have selected Solar Radiation from your weather station. Observe the Solar Radiation (S79) to confirm mcsSprinklers is getting the readings.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	142
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1404442

Comment

There's an Inhibit External Discrete device code 6696 active, I can't seem to figure out what device it is. It's not the active rain sensor. Maybe this is the future rain device.?
              Also, I started getting these notifications today from Weather Stack. Is there a way to turn down the Requests? I have 1k requests a month. Ironic I just installed a Weather Station, and don't really have a need for WS anyways.
              Please be aware that you have reached at least 120% of your available API Request volume. To prevent service disruption, you might want to consider upgrading your subscription plan.

Comment

The external discrete is setup on the Site Setup page. You have control to inhibit/enable auto irrigation. If you do not want this then remove it from the Site Setup.
                The Weather Setup page has a setting to limit maximum daily downloads. Normally weather data is on 30 minute cycle unless wind inhibit is used and then it is 5 minutes. Forecast is on hourly interval.

Comment

I don't think the discrete is working with my entries. I've tried the 6830 (Precipitation) Status 0=Off, and 6840 Rain Rate Status 0=OFF, but the discrete is still Inhibit.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I turned the Input source to none on both the Area and Site Setup pages, but the Inhibit still persisted, I had to remove the entries in the box before the Inhibit would release.

Comment

I built a virtual device with On/Off, and it's currently raining 'On', so when I changed the radial button to 'Off for inhibit', the inhibit remained active. So, I think it's broken.

Comment

You are correct. It was using the X10 On=2, Off=3 convention for the Site external. Also looking at the source being blank rather than the setting not being None. This code had not been touched in years so it looks like you are the first HS user in a long time to use the external inhibit. Update is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinklersP_2_20_0_28.zip

Comment

That's interesting, I was trying to do this last year, but my home-made rain sensor didn't work worth a crap, so I didn't get very far with it.

You know, back to the Hourly ETx100, the Entry is if the Hourly ET is above 3.00, and the calendar you have just the daily ET .20 etc. I'm math inhibited, how is the Hourly calculated? What's X100? I still like the graph idea. ;-)

Comment

Hourly ET is calculated at seven minutes past each hour based upon the sensor values. The hourly is accumulated throughout the day by summing each hourly value. The hourly ET values like 0.0030. The leading zeros are just clutter on the display so they are shown with the value scaled by 100 (ETx100).

Soil moisture content is the essential information used for irrigation. That is why that graphic exists on the Zone Status page. Various inhibits and sensors such as ET are not shown on this page. The touch page is intended as a dashboard where information is easy to access. This page allows the user to select up to six sensors to be shown. In my case the two pages that I view most often are general status so I see current status and Run List so I can see what the scheduled sequence is.

Comment

I'm back at it. I updated from the built in updater whatever, and now my discrete is stuck on inhibit, and I'm not seeing my moisture graph. we had all this fixed towards the end of last year, but i tried the version you posted above, but the discrete doesn't start operating correctly. The latest I have is 2_20_4_31. _27 was supposed to fix the discrete. none of my versions fix the discrete, but maybe i'm loading them wrong. I'm supposed to put the Application, the config file, and the DLL into the config folder right?

Comment

Working...
                              X