Syringe Cycle Soil Moisture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syringe Cycle Soil Moisture

I have a Syringe Cycle running after the ET gets high, but it only runs for 3 mins. It appears the soil moisture is being set to 100% after the syringe cycle. Can this be corrected? Granted, it rained a few days ago, and the system was inhibited (Syringe Overide) with the soil moisture being 150%, but my Evaporation Calculations were not working correctly. Since fixing the ET calculations, the syringe has started running, and the Soil Moisture has been reset to 100% after the Syringe cycle has ran. It could be that the 150% has evaporated to 100% considering it hot as heck out there, I'm just kinda assuming the Syringe cycle is setting the soil moisture to 100%.

I don't think the syringe cycle is support to change the moisture levels at all. Point being it is supposed to be very brief and not penetrate the grass. If it got up to 150, maybe it just goes to 100%
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I can try to replicate to confirm. The debug file is easier since it shows what really did happen. Syringing is considered a manual cycle. The option exists to set the moisture level after a manual cycle or to only set the moisture level after an auto cycle.

Comment

I did confirm that the source does not change the moisture level upon completion of syringing cycle. I also used your .ini file to run a syringing cycle and the moisture level did not change other than the reduction from ET that occurred during the same period. If there were any anomalies that occurred that made you post this then they should show up in the debug files that you have been collecting.

Comment

I emailed you the ini last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, I used your ini to run a syringing cycle. The ini file contains the settings. The history of the execution sequence are in the debug files visible from the Other Page and store in \html\mcsSprinklers\data folder.

Comment

If I have Round Robbin set up, shouldn't these cycle boxes list the 3 cycles it's going to do?
              Attached Files

Comment

The Cycles is not a schedule, but is a history of the number of cycles that have run on the day.

Comment

I added the predicted number of cycles to the Zone Status page in version 2.20.0.27. The cycles box is now two numbers separated by a slash. The first is number of cycles that have occurred today and the second is the number of cycles that are predicted at midnight to occur during the day. Manual operations (including syringing) will increase the actual number of cycles and unpredicted inhibits (e.g. wind) will decrease the actual number.

At http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinklersP_2_20_0_27.zip

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I think the Soil Moisture graph isn't working since I updated the program. What do I need to do? Click image for larger version

Name:	Moisture Graph.PNG
Views:	189
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1405883

Comment

This graph indicates that soil moisture has been at 100% for the past seven days. What does the calendar indicate about the same period for soil moisture for this device?

Comment

ok, that's the problem then, it only ran when I did a manual this week as I couldn't figure out why it wasn't running, and stumbled into the fact I had about three inhibits I had to iron out. I'm continuing my education from last year, bear with me. ;-)

Comment

Michael, I am doing syringing trigger by calculated ET as well. I found in my version(v 2.20..0.29) the duration of the syringing is not the number of minutes entered on zone setup screen in "syringe" box. Instead it is running the duration entered in "manual" box, but if entry in "syringe" box is zero, than syringe is disabled for this zone as expected.

Comment

I should be able to replicate. Syringing is a manual cycle where the design intent is to temporarily use the syringing times.

Comment

Working...
                              X