No announcement yet.

Syringe Cycle Soil Moisture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a test setup of 8 zones with 1 minute syringing and 10 minute manual setup. I set the syringing criteria to be time rather than ET for testing, but that has no effect once the cycle is triggered. I observed in the log that each of the 8 zones ran for 1 minute each. The debug contains syringing information so if you have a case that you described then I should be able to analyze it.

Comment

I manually shortened syringing cycle when I observed unexpected behavior, will send you cleaner debut file next time I see it.

Last time I had syringing duration set to 5 min for 3 zones, 0 min for other zones, all manual duration set to 15 min, and syringing triggered off ET. I noticed when syringing started first zone was set to run for 15 min, so I changed manual duration to 6,7,8 min for 3 zones and observed they ran for exact that length instead of all for 5 min.

Comment

If you make settings changes in the middle of a syringing cycle you will likely run into issues as it is a temporary schedule that is intended to be short. There is no initialization for syringing so when everything else is initialized with the setting change the syringing will be out of sync and the durations will revert to the manual durations as part of the settings change initializaiton.

Comment

I only made a change after observing the first syringing zone started with 15 min (as displayed on General tab) instead of 5 min. Maybe it would have terminated on its own after 5 min despite displayed for 15 min? If I observe unexpected behavior again I will email you debug files. Think my current run might be interrupted by Max Cycles limit.

Comment

I only enforce maxcycles on the auto scheduling. The manual/syringing modes should not be affected by it.
            I currently do not show remaining syringing time in the zone device. I will make an update to consider it.

Comment

I added logic to initialization associated with syringing so now setting changes and restarts should be graceful when they happen during a syringing cycle. http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinklersP_2_20_4_30.zip or through the Other page update provisions.

Comment

Thank you, I will give that a try.

Comment

My Syringing seems to be working fine. I'm having issues with Time Inhibits. The system apparently hasn't ran in a week or so, only the Syringe cycles has ran due to being immune to the inhibits. I thought I had the do not run between 18:00, and 06:00, but it' apparently been inhibiting normal operations. Is the time format wrong or something? Also, I have one area that is slightly shaded, and is soaking wet, can you explain how I should adjust the Soil Factor for this area?
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Between Hours.PNG Views:	0 Size:	23.8 KB ID:	1408410

Comment

10.4.5 Soil Efficiency and Rain Factors

The Soil Efficiency and Rain Factor entries allow tweaking of the soil moisture content algorithm. Soil Efficiency relates to the ability of the soil to retain water with is a result of a combination of soil type and crop type. Higher values indicate that the soil will tend to retain moisture or the crop is efficient in holding moisture and does not allow moisture loss through its structure. A nominal value is 0.75. The Rain Factor relates to the degree that rainfall is allowed to reach the zone. A nominal value is 1.0 and a value of 0 indicates that the zone is covered and rainfall will not reach the soil level. 1
                    Your time inhibit is setup so that irrigation is allowed between 6 AM and 6 PM. The General Status page or Touch page are convenient ways to observe the inhibits that may be active at any given time. Not running for a week is something other than the time of day inhibit.

Comment

I installed that latest version you posted earlier, and realized the Discrete is triggered, but the Rain Virtual Device is not triggered. I didn't have to remove the device code from the box, I only had to select none with the radial button in both Area and Site setup pages to clear the discrete.
                      I played with it some more, and it seems to be the Site Setup Page that when enabled triggers the discrete. Oddly, when I set the Area Setup Page's button to "OFF=Inhibit", the discrete does not activate.

Comment

I think you are indicating the Site page discrete is working as one would expect. Are you indicating on the Area page, if the ON=Inhibit setting is selected that the inhibit performs as expected, but if OFF=Inhibit is selected then inhibit never occurs?

Comment

The Inhibit device is Off, so the discrete should not be activated. The site page I have to turn the discrete off, as either on for trigger, or off for trigger does not deactivate the discrete, it appears to be hung up. Then, when the site page is deactivated, but the area page’s discrete is turned on, the discrete is not activated, but when I turn the radial button to ‘Off for trigger’, the discrete does not turn on as expected if it was operating properly. I just thought maybe you updated the wrong file that still had the discrete bug. I can try loading up the other version that was working tonight to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The external discrete was fixed in 2.20.0.28. The latest version is http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinklersP_2_20_4_31.zip. I used the latest for this evaluation.

Created a virtual device in HS. In my case it was ref 6008
                            Entered 6008 on Site page as a HS external inhibit, ON=Inhibit
                            Entered 6008 on Area page for HS external inhibit for Area 1 ON=Inhibit
                            Toggled 6008 to ON from HS
                            Waited 60 seconds to assure polling cycle for discrete has been performed
                            Observed on General Status page that inhibits exist for S9 (Site Discrete) and S11 (Area 1 Discrete)
                            Toggled 6008 to OFF from HS, waited 60 seconds
                            Observed on General Status that S9 and S11 no longer had discrete inhibit
                            On both Site and Area page changed the radio to OFF=Inhibit for 6008, waited 60 seconds
                            Observed on General Status that S9 and S11 both had discrete inhibit set
                            Toggled 6008 to ON from HS, waited 60 seconds
                            Observed on General Status that S9 and S11 no longer had discrete inhibit

I believe I covered all states for both Site and Area inhibit and they updated as expected. What is your test scenario that provides a different result?

Comment

I thought I had already replied that I somehow installed an old version. So I somehow had an old version that had the bugs, and everything has been working since re-installing the correct version.

I have a couple of questions. The Calendars are different between the Touch Zone, and Touch Area. Touch Zone has the blue sprinkler (scheduled to do I think) on the 17th, but it's already past the 17th. The Touch Area has the blue sprinkler on the 18th tomorrow which I think is correct considering it is scheduled to run tomorrow.
                              What does the blue raindrop mean on the 11th?
                              The moisture graph on the status zones page, I'm pretty sure my yard is waterlogged, but the graph never shows anything. What is the lowest the graph will display? The soil moisture has to remain at 100% to populate the graph? I assume a soil level of 50% to 40% is still acceptable to be considered 'Hydrated'? I've moved the soil factor to 1 for flower beds, and 1 for lawn, attempting to get the graph to show up, and the flower beds not be muddy. Am I on the right track with this?

Comment

The two touch pages use common calendar logic. Could it just be a refresh issue?

Raindrop means there was measurable rain on that day.

The Zone Status moisture graph depends upon the control strategy. The min and max is 0 and 100% for timed and the lower limit is the control threshold for Calculated. Measured uses the scale setup for the sensor. Look at soil moisture history on the calendar to confirm you are getting variation recorded in the database.

Comment

Working...
                                X