Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    mcsSprinklers has exposed most of its control points. The Pause control is the UserInhibit which is S26. I have not tried to control via event, but should work. Syringing is done by enabling the zones for manual control and the duration of the setup syringing duration. To prevent a zone from completing a syringing cycle the manual enable checkboxes would need to be cleared such as is done with the stop manual button on the Zone Status page. I think S91 could be used for this, but I would need to review the code to confirm.

Another consideration you have for your logic is the rate and time when sensor status is obtained. If you are downloading rain sensor on 30 minute intervals then decisions that are being made is based upon data that could be 30 minutes old.

Incremental rain vs other options is based upon the way the input from the provider is given. Some give amount of rain in each hour. Some give the amount of rain accumulated during the day. Some is total accumulation since sensor was installed. Changing the setting in mcsSprinklers will not affect the way the provider is reporting. It only changes how mcsSprinklers should interpret it. It appears you have a source that can provide multiple sets of data. I can look at the debug when the incremental is setup if you desire.

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    The ET x100, and Solar Index crashed to nothing when it started raining. Can the rain inhibit be programmed to trigger the user pause? What started me on this journey of building the smartest irrigation system I could find, was because I hated seeing it run in the rain like everyone else's. Also, I don't think the incremental rain portion is working, the daily rain shows .6, but when I was feeding the incremental device to the system, it showed zero. I switched back to Daily total, no big deal.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    One inch per 100% delta.
    ET is calculated hourly. Rainfall does not affect ET. Rainfall affects soil moisture.
    Syringing is a manual cycle that can only be inhibited by user pause and seasonal shutdown. Once the syringing trigger is reached the cycle will complete.

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    Specifically, do you know how much rain it takes to go from 100% to 200% .5", 1"?
    Observation, I went out to get lunch, and the Sun is out, and the ET is above my set threshold, so the Syringe Cycle is running. When I get back, a Thunder Storm is rolling in, and it's dark and about to rain, but the Syringe Cycle is still running in the back yard. Now it's raining, and the Syringe Cycle is still running. I have 'allow started zone to finish runtime when inhibit becomes active', but it's advanced a couple of zones since I got home. Maybe it's allowing the started 'Area' to finish instead of Zone?
    Maybe the Syringe Cycle should go off if the ET falls below the activation threshold, or another threshold a little lower? I imagine there would need to be programming to remember where the Syringe Cycle left off in order for it to resume, maybe just a pause which turns the system off if the ET doesn't rise over a certain amount of time or something. I have honor site inhibits for mist areas checked. I think the Syringe Cycle should run on a day that is over the ET, and ignore that there is an Inhibit for possible rain tomorrow, so Maybe the Syringe Cycle needs only to adhere to an ET inhibit.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Hourly calculation of evaptranspiration loss and rain gain. moisture above 100% continues to accumulate rain until it reaches 200% or until the ET for the hour is more than the rain for the hour.

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    The Moisture graphs are indeed working now. Thanks for the help with that!
    It just really started raining this morning, and looking at the data I was using the wrong device for incremental data. I was using Rain Rate which gives high readings and is posted on minute intervals 0.089, 0.077, 0.059 etc which skewed the data yesterday. So now i'm using the precipitation daily device, but around midnight I'll switch to the Precipitation device which is handing off the incremental data to Jon00's charting program.
    So now that I have the rain meter working, how is the rain saturation-oversaturation calculated?

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The debug file will provide more insight about inhibits. I see where I have a debug statement that is causing the ReadWeeksMoisture error. It should be fixed in the attached
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    Moisture Graphs are still not working.
    I understand the forecast rain inhibit, because we're scheduled to get a lot of rain, but I only got .03 inches today, and the inhibit is supposed to trigger over .3, so I'm wondering if maybe there's a decimal issue somewhere. The touch page says it rained 0 today, so does that only update after a certain amount? Maybe the rain device is having translation issues.
    Zones 1-8 are in the wiring harness, but only 1-7 are operational, zone 8 is wired out but not being used. Click image for larger version

Name:	Zones.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1414400

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Area 1 rain inhibit is the inhibit that was defined on the Area page for Area 1. I suspect the Rain Forecast inhibit was the one setup on the Site page.

For the log message it indicates that there is a valve (the first one) that is not mapped into an Area. Are your zone moisture graphs now working?

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    Here's this.
    PM 637340638610593799 | mcsSprinklers Debug | ReadWeeksMoisture Zone 0 is in out of range Area -1
    8/26/2020 6:37:41 PM | mcsSprinklers | ReadWeeksMoisture Area=-1 Zone=0, Hour=0, FirstDate=8/19/2020 6:37:41 PMIndex was outside the bounds of the array.
    What's the "Area 1 Rain" Inhibit? I currently have a 'Rain Forecast' Inhibit, and an 'Area 1 Rain' Inhibit, do these share the same Trigger? It did sprinkle a couple of times today, but the the calendar says 0 rain for today, and my device says it rained .03, and I have forecast and actual set to .3, so I can't figure out where Area 1 Rain inhibit is coming from.

Do I need to send anything else?

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Looking at the code the only array index that was not protected was the relationship between zone and area so area could have been out of range. I put a check in for this and added area to the error output. Unzip the attached over the existing .dll and see if it improves the graphic. I would also like to see the "ReadWeeksMoisture" lines from the debug.

I was not aware you had only one Area. When I did a test with everything in the same Area I obtained the same expected result. I will look at it more later. I'm thinking it may be related to zone/area relationship and that is why I would like to see the "ReadWeeksMoisture" debug.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    Do you have the touch page selected zone in the same Area as the selected area on the Area page?
    I only have one area with 7 zones. The area page is listed as "Area 1" I don't see any indication on the zone page that lists what it's parent area is, but I assume it's Area 1. Other than that, I'm not really following the question.

Isolating the 'Array Bound' sounds like a splendid idea. What do I need to do? ;-)

It is not a commonly used inhibit, but I believe the inhibit applies to the current day so irrigation will not occur any any day where the ET has not yet exceeded 2.5. If you set it and ET has not yet reached that point then the inhibit will be set immediately.
    I was trying to figure out how I could incorporate this, but it seems not a good fit because i'm already watering based on the ET, so the system would just push the future watering program out. I thought it would inhibit watering today if yesterday never got over 2.5 ET. I don't see how it would work for same day because in the morning at 6am, the ET would be below 2.5.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The zone calander is showing the blue sprinkler today the 22nd, but the Area Calander shows it tomorrow the 23rd
    Do you have the touch page selected zone in the same Area as the selected area on the Area page?

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    This explains why your graphic has flat-lined. Next step is to isolate the array bound that is causing the issue.

If I set it to 2.5 for 1 day, I would expect it to throw an inhibit if yesterday the ET never got above 2.5.
    It is not a commonly used inhibit, but I believe the inhibit applies to the current day so irrigation will not occur any any day where the ET has not yet exceeded 2.5. If you set it and ET has not yet reached that point then the inhibit will be set immediately.

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    The zone calander is showing the blue sprinkler today the 22nd, but the Area Calander shows it tomorrow the 23rd which is correct because it was scheduled to run on the 23rd since I tweaked the moisture settings on Thursday night. The Syringe cycle did run today, so maybe on the zone page the blue sprinkler is indicating the system did run today?
    I also think I found another bug. The Low ET Inhibit does not seem to work correctly. If I set it to 2.5 for 1 day, I would expect it to throw an inhibit if yesterday the ET never got above 2.5. Well, when I check the box with 2.5 for 1 day, the inhibit is immediately activated. Bug?

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    I found the weekly moisture reading.

8/22/2020 4:37:22 PM | mcsSprinklers | ReadWeeksMoisture Zone=0, Hour=0, FirstDate=8/15/2020 4:37:22 PMIndex was outside the bounds of the array.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X