updating mcSprinklers plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updating mcSprinklers plugin

Edit: from what I can tell the new version is applied, but HS is just reporting the incorrect version in the plugins menu.

I am trying to upgrade to the P_2_20_4_33 version using the "Other Setup" page. I had only every been updating the plugin through the HS store updates until recently learning of the method on the page in setup. I attempted the update and after a min or so HS came back up, but the plug page still shows me as being on 2.20.0.18 even though the update page in the plugin shows the _33 version was applied. Am I doing something wrong? I had no idea mcsSprinklers had its own update mechanism outside of HS3.

Attached Files

You are doing nothing wrong. There are two parts to the plugin. One is the HS API (HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe) and the other is the irrigation logic (mcsSprinkers_2009.dll). The Other page only updates the irrigation logic. The HS API does not have logic changes very often, but I do update version number when it goes to the Updater. You can tell the mcsSprinklers_2009.dll from the Other page. I think it also shows in the status device 99 and in the standalone version it shows on the header of every browser page.

Comment

Thanks Michael. That makes sense.

Comment

Working...
      X