Insteon EZFlora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon EZFlora

is your plugin compatible with the insteon EXFlora?

It is not natively supported. Only via HS devices where the Insteon communications is managed by other plugins. I started with Insteon when it was first introduced and before Smarthome should have released it The bad experience turned me off from dealing with it again.

Comment

I want to clarify: my customer has an Insteon EZFlora system but as both the EZFlora plugin and Mark Sandler's Insteon plugin. He wants weather-based scheduling so I'm investigation options. The valves and controller are shown as HS devices. Is that sufficient for your plugin?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	irrigation.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1436839

Comment

Yes. The plugin will deliver an On or Off command via the HS devices. It will assume that the command was acted upon in its status reporting. If there is some issue then let me know and I am certain it can be overcome. Others have used the Virtual Device interface, but I do not recall anybody doing it with EzFlora devices.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to read thru your user guide and get familiar before I tell my customer to move forward.
          I was leaning toward using openweather.org--any issues I should be aware of?

Comment

Openweather does not seem to provide rainfall for the sites I have attempted. Perhaps their paid plans do. mcsSprinklers tries to provide multiple provides and then there is also the option of local weather station or paid providers such as IBM's WeatherUnderground.

Comment

FYI, the free Openweathermap.org API includes the One Call API which has "access to current weather, minute forecast for 1 hour, hourly forecast for 48 hours, daily forecast for 7 days", and the data include rain amount and probability of precipitation at each of those forecast points. I tested it for Anaheim (which has no rain forecast for a week) and Nashville (where it is currently raining), and it worked for both.

Comment

Working...
              X