File cannot be accessed and will be skipped. HS4 - McsSprinkler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File cannot be accessed and will be skipped. HS4 - McsSprinkler

I switched to HS4 and I get the following warnings below. Has anybody seen this and if you have, how did you fix the problem. I am on McsSprinkler version 2.20.4.34

It looks like you have multiple instances of mcsSprinklers running

Comment

Thanks! I then guess I had the issue on HS3 because every time I would reload the program, I would get two copies of the program. I would then delete one copy from the plugin screen, but I guess that wasn't doing the complete job of deleting the extra copy. I am running the Pro version on Windows10 Pro. Do you have any suggestions to get rid of the extra version or to stop a extra program from running?

Comment

Are you running a standalone version and a plugin version at the same time? mcsSprinklers.exe is the main program for the standalone and HSPI_MCSSPRIKLERSP.exe is the main program for the plugin. Another possibility is that you are running both the Pro and Std version of the plugin HSPI_MCSSPRINKELRSS.exe and HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe. It is OK to have then on the computer together, but you should only enable one of the two from the HS Plugin menu.

Comment

Joining in a bit late, but... just a thought. Is the message generated when HS4 is performing a backup? I was seeing the same message (different plugins affected, but same basic message) during the nightly scheduled 03:00 HS4 backups. My HS3 had not built-in scheduled backups, so this only started with HS4.

I cured it by shutting down a couple of plugins temporarily while the HS4 backup is running. There's a great utility by Jon00 that will do this for you here: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150325 .

I've built it in to an HS4 event scheduled to run two minutes before the backup starts,. The event disables a couple of plugins, waits five minutes, (while the backup runs) then re-enables the plugins. Five minutes is enough for my backup, but you can see your system's average backup duration in the HS log.

As both the backup and the utility event are scheduled within HS4, there's no need to use scheduled events or cron, depending on your OS. Much easier this way!

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
          X